Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pissed. One radio station in the area that's halway decent and Clear Channel kills it for a COUNRTY STATION!!! Blasphemy!!!

And now there's aparently no one playing Bob & Tom :mad:

I think I'm going to shop for satelite radio now

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
I'm pissed. One radio station in the area that's halway decent and Clear Channel kills it for a COUNRTY STATION!!! Blasphemy!!!

Our Oldies station just went Country.... Hopfully 106.5 in Charlotte won't go...its owned by Clear Channel as well...they suck ass....Damn Commie Radio

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
superjohn said:
I'm pissed. One radio station in the area that's hallway decent and Clear Channel kills it for a COUNRTY STATION!!! Blasphemy!!!

Yea, it sucks. That happened last week sometime.

But 96.1 is a ****ing awesome station now. They got rid of clear channel's punk ass and play "everything that rocks." Really good station. As for morning talk shows, I don't know what to tell you. Satellite radio might be the answer for that, but I don't like the music options on the Satellite radios. Too mainstream.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Our Oldies station just went Country.... Hopfully 106.5 in Charlotte won't go...its owned by Clear Channel as well...they suck ass....Damn Commie Radio
Wait, which one? Not the buzzard?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Uroplatus said:
It was Odies 93.1.... Buzzard is 100.3 ... its still rocking...
Good. It was gonna piss me off if both 100.3 and 106.1 got booted at the same time.

I like the buzzard. Can actually pick it hear in Chapel Hill in certain spots.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
superjohn said:
YEAH!! I used to listen to that station to. Now all I got is 92.3 and 96 Rock.
Rock 92 92.3?

Jobu said:
Good. It was gonna piss me off if both 100.3 and 106.1 got booted at the same time.

I like the buzzard. Can actually pick it hear in Chapel Hill in certain spots.
Thats cool didn't know it broadcasted that far... you get 98.7 Simon too right? we get G105

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
This was pretty wild...back in the Summer of '92 i lived at Carolina Beach for the summer. I could get Rock 92.3 down there late at night...weird hearing that 200 miles away... :)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Rock 92 92.3?

Thats cool didn't know it broadcasted that far... you get 98.7 Simon too right? we get G105
Is 98.7 some crappy hip-hop station?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Jobu said:
Is 98.7 some crappy hip-hop station?
No its a play all but Rap and Soft Oldies and COuntry station...

They play stuff like Stained to Prince to Madonna to Pearl Jam...

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Uroplatus said:
No its a play all but Rap and Soft Oldies and COuntry station...

They play stuff like Stained to Prince to Madonna to Pearl Jam...
Oh, cool.

So it's like:

This is a Decent song. Then Prince, wtf. Then, Is that Madonna, **** this station. One last chance, Ohh, Peral Jam, sweet. Then they bust out the Michael Jackson. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Jobu said:
Oh, cool.

So it's like:

This is a Decent song. Then Prince, wtf. Then, Is that Madonna, **** this station. One last chance, Ohh, Peral Jam, sweet. Then they bust out the Michael Jackson. [thumbsup]
To a "T"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Its a down right conspiracy! That is exactly what they want you to do pay for radio. There going to change everything to country.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
srussell said:
Its a down right conspiracy! That is exactly what they want you to do pay for radio. There going to change everything to country.
For some reason i beleive this!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Country music (and nastycar racing) is a plot to lower the collective IQ of the population. Just take a look at the figures. As country music gains in popularity, SAT scores, LSAT scores, and GPAs all around the U.S. get lower and lower. It's like in that movie "They Live" with all the subliminal messages on television, radio, billboards and in magazines that are telling us to be submissive, stupid, eat and breed. That way when we are stupid, fat, and lazy enough, we will just do whatever the government tells us to do without questioning.

Of course, that movie had a great line in it.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass....and I'm all outta bubblegum!" [laugh]

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Templar said:
Country music (and nastycar racing) is a plot to lower the collective IQ of the population. Just take a look at the figures. As country music gains in popularity, SAT scores, LSAT scores, and GPAs all around the U.S. get lower and lower. It's like in that movie "They Live" with all the subliminal messages on television, radio, billboards and in magazines that are telling us to be submissive, stupid, eat and breed. That way when we are stupid, fat, and lazy enough, we will just do whatever the government tells us to do without questioning.

Of course, that movie had a great line in it.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass....and I'm all outta bubblegum!" [laugh]
Now we have to drag NASCAR into it... I am a NASCAR Fan... as well as an F1 Fan, MotoGP, AMA, Formula Extreme, CART, IRL, SCCA Anything, back in the day IMSA, NHRL Drag Racing... I love it all...and watch it all!!!!

It it has balls i don't look... If it has wheels... I am all about it!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Uroplatus said:
Now we have to drag NASCAR into it... I am a NASCAR Fan...

No offense meant....

You brain dead, *******, clone... ;) ;) [laugh]

Actually, I would probably like Nascar again if they actually went back to "stock car" racing when you pulled a car off of the showroom floor, stripped the emissions, interior, added a cage and went racin.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts