Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I was cited for riding in excess of 100mph in Sacramento County. This was back in early July. I wisely retained an attorney to help me out, and just got the verdict from my man.

He was able to get the charge reduced to a simple speeding ticket dischargeable by traffic school (which, luckily, I am eligible for). But I have also been fined $538. I believe the traffic school fees will be on top of that, but I'm not sure. I'm glad, though, because I was facing a fine up to $1500 plus a 30-day suspension.

If anyone needs a traffic attorney in Sactown, I would recommend him: Hendrick Crowell, of Choyce & Crowell. Look him up on the web for more info.

In summary:

Attorney fee: $1000 Fine: $538 Joyriding your new Ducati on the very afternoon you purchased it, during a holiday weekend: PRICELESS!!!!

Note to self: when a chippie asks how fast you were going, NEVER say "about a buck-twenty." [laugh]

edit: almost forgot, it also would have been 2 points on my license that would stay there for 3 years!

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
GiorgioFurioso said:
edit: almost forgot, it also would have been 2 points on my license that would stay there for 3 years!
if i remember correctly, that's two points for SEVEN years, but it only counts against you (for insurance and stuff) for three. those two points can still count against you if they're looking to suspend your license within that seven years.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tigre actually caved in last night that the bike could do 160 indicated, which as we all know is not really 160. But I never claimed that it would do 160 real mph...just that I hit 160 right as the engine red-lined and the rev limiter kicked in. Which caused the bike to immediately back off significantly. It's not like I ever claimed the bike would do 160 real mph sustained.

And BTW, it took several tries to get it there. The first day I think I topped out at just under 150. I spent a lot of time thinking about my tuck, and the second day I was able to pull it off. I was tucked so much I could only see a thin sliver of the road between the top of the fairing and the top of my field of view. My face was pretty much buried in the speedo...so I knew exactly what was indicated. ;D

edit: this was not the same incident that got me the speeding ticket

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on, Donnovan, I forgot about that video! [laugh]

Yes folks, that is Teh Kid and myself in that video. But those recorded numbers are from the first day (at least my number is from the first day) rather than the second. I know we all made better speeds the second day.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
"obviously a closed track...." ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts