Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know another one of my rides for good causes... But, if your going to ride on a weekend do it for something meaningful once in awhile ;)

7th Annual Ride for Life
A Motorcycle Ride to fight AIDS, Breast Cancer and Other Life-Threatening Illnesses

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2003 "Rain or Shine"
SAN FRANCISCO to the RUSSIAN RIVER

Check In: 8:00 a.m. at Shanti, 730 Polk Street between Eddy and Ellis in San Francisco

Depart: 9:30 a.m. Tour San Francisco, cross Golden Gate Bridge

Arrive: 1:00 p.m. Fifes Guest Ranch, Guerneville

BBQ Lunch: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. BBQ Catered by Fifes, games, raffle

Stay the night at Fife's with other bikers! Special One-Night Stay Rate available, mention Shanti Ride, call 1-800-734-3371

This is a great ride with TWO ROUTES! Routes will go through the Marin and Sonoma countryside, past Napa vineyards and through Northern California

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will! I don't have time to do the whole pledge thing so were just going to make a nice donation when we register :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I was in San Francisco I'd gladly participate. The more rides for worthy causes, the better! :) Enjoy and good luck!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally bizarre today at the track we were walking around and talking to some BMW people and we were talking about the BMW Bash and all and some people mentioned the Shanti ride and we all said, we were doing it. One of the guys we were talking to is a DJ in SF and does it every year and he rides a BMW and he was totally jazzed that there were more sportbikes going and hearing about the event :D :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What can I say, a very special ride and I would most definitely encourage people to do it next year. Put, on by a great organization, lots of riders and the weather was outstanding. Nice party afterwards, although I had to hightail it back to SF!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was on a Red 900 with a little black duck with horns on the back ;D I got to Guernville around 11am

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got there early, I had to be back to watch the Blue Angels. Wish I had known you were going. Next year! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts