Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at modifing my stock mirrors with some crg hindsights. I am not sure if I should get 1 or both. I have heard people say that we only need 1 but not sure how safe this option this is. If I do only get 1 what side should I mount it on?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I feel safer with two. Not everybody pass' on the left.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's up to whatever you feel more comfortable with, if you get one it goes on the left....I have one on my bike currently.....only because I was recently hit by an excursion and she destroyed the other one.

G

·
Paper5tr3et7 said:
It's up to whatever you feel more comfortable with, if you get one it goes on the left....I have one on my bike currently.....only because I was recently hit by an excursion and she destroyed the other one.
Hit by an Excursion? Damn, I'm glad you're here typing!

I say 2 mirrors and get the foldable ones. I tried using one and I found myself looking at the ground last minute where a mirror should be.

R.

·
Registered
541 Posts
ONly thing that really bothers me with one is it's asymmetrical...I've got clipons and it just looks wrong.

prince_ruben said:
Hit by an Excursion? Damn, I'm glad you're here typing!
Yea me too. That wasn't a fun day.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I personally only use one, because I like the look better. When riding I never trust my mirrors, I always look over my shoulder anyways. I use the mirror at stoplights to tell if something's going to run right over the back of me and to keep it legal.

I say go for one if you like the way it looks, and you find yourself looking over your shoulder to change lanes anyways. If it makes you uncomfortable only riding with one, then get two.

Justin

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
When I put clip ons I didn't like the looks of my DP teardrops and decided to buy CRG lanesplits. Being short of cash at the time I bought only one, thinking that I'd get the other later. Since then I never felt uncomfortable because of the absence of the RHS. You get used to checking your right rear pretty fast, and actually I even feel safer cause I can see what's there without any blindspots. And the look is much better of course!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
2 :D

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks guys I am going to go with 2. I have 1 more question. Is it better to have the adapter they sell or without the adapter? I am leaning more towards buying the adapter.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Which kind of bars do you have: IE tubular bars, S4 'clipons', real clipons, .....

·
Registered
541 Posts
adapters most definetly.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts