Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked my dealer to find out how much a set of high mount CF Term's would cost with labor and everything. He quoted me at $990 for the slips ons and one hour of labor ($70). The Slip ons would come with everything to convert to highmount. He said they also automatically come with a different airfilter? I'm assuming it's made for higher air intake. Is it by any chance a K&N? So do you guys think this is a good price? I know Sil's and Arrows, etc. are cheaper, but I really like Termignoni. Oh, and does anybody know if they come 105db or 85db? Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
That sounds good to me.I paid more than that,i also got a ecu with mine.Ducati just had a blowout sale to the dealers for exhaust.Your dealer probably paid $500 for the kit.
I got all my stuff 2 weeks before the sale :-[

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, they have to order it. They told me not to freak out if it took weeks, or even over a month for it to come in.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Sounds like a good deal if it comes with an ECU. If not, I would pick up some Arrows or Sils and a PCIII for about the same price. You could run one of their free maps for awhile and then get a custom dyno. I don't believe the Termi's come in different sound levels, only LOUD.

B

·
0 Posts
I've got Ducati Performance CF highmounts / air filter on order with my dealer. I was quoted 800 and change and told by the parts guy that DP had recently switched suppliers and that Termignoni will be making them for Ducati. I have no way of knowing if this is accurate or not.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That'd be cool if Termignoni was making the DP exhausts. Aside from them being 85db's, DP exhausts are real sharp IMO.

N

·
0 Posts
As I understand it the DP pipes are Termi's. That's what my dealer told me when I got my bike. One of the guys in the shop had just ordered Termi's for his bike and they came with DP stickers instead of the Termi sticker.

Motowheels has them for 800. As for install, I've never changed the pipes, but for slipons it should be pretty straight forward so I plan on doing it myself when I get new exhaust.

I'm actually thinking about FBF's Full 2 into 1 high mount carbon. Anybody know anything about them? I keep going back and forth on if I want 1 or 2 pipes. But def high mount carbon.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Termi full system on mine. To me they're worth the money and the wait.
Oh yea, by the way, they're loud. I set off car alarms sometimes, so keep that in mind if you have neighbors to worry about or local cops that will care.

K

·
0 Posts
Sils are basically Termi's without the fancy sticker. I got my high mounts for under $700 from motostrano and installed them in an evening with a friend's help (well, ok he only watched). They are 105 db and set off all the car alarms in the area. fit and finish are good and they are a heck of a lot lighter than stock pipes.

after installing the pipes I had a dealer dyno tune for about $60 and the air/fuel ratio was perfect. KN and jet kit installed prior to pipes. only gained 4hp on m750, but its all about the look and noise when searching for those perfect pipes!!!

E

·
0 Posts
I have a brand new set of termis ran once and removed will let them go for 700.00

V

·
0 Posts
get the Ducati Performance CF High mount for $800 from motowheels.

i just got mine.

excellent quality, great fit, and the're made by Remus (thats German for Italian pipes)

N

·
0 Posts
evo_1 - Is that the high mounts or full system?

Vasil - How loud are they? and where do you ride, I'm in Fairfax?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Vasil, that is interesting. The P/N for the CF exhaust indicates it is not for the '03 800. I have an 03 M800 and was not considering the MotoWheels deal because of that. You say they fit and work well?

V

·
0 Posts
battlecry: Thats exactly what I was afraid of, but I talked to the guys at motostrano, (Stephano and Marvin) who were very helpful, and they said if the piipes dont fit: send em back.

The pipes are GREAT, they fit perfectly and sound awesome! I would highly recommend them. I had NO problems what so ever with the "S" bends (like sils) and the alighnment, fit/finish is fantastic.

go for it man.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Vasil, Thanks for the tip! Did you do MotoStrano or MotoWheels? I think only MW is carrying them now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Im down in Quantico and am wanting to get out and ride on my new Monster. Let me know if you guys meet up one weekend.

Regards,
Patrick

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks, Vasil. I put my order this morning after your comment. I live near, Bethesda. I'm at the poser stage now, wife and I will take the MSF course in June and get our licenses. Like to ride once we figure out how to do it safely. Regards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts