Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at buying a Monster shortly and have the opportunity to buy a leftover 09. Anything different between the 09 and the new 10 model? From what I have read online its basically down to the heat shield on the exhausts, if this is the case then may be a good buy. Will be checking out bikes this weekend as I want to get in for the financing deal that ends this month.

Excited to possibly own one soon! Been wanting a Monster for the past few years but finally at the point when I can buy it. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only real difference I think is that the '10 model comes in an ABS version. Other than that there's really no difference at all. I just picked up an '09 model a week and a half ago and loving every minute of it. It's such a fun bike. Since it was an '09 model the I got it for $1000 under MSRP. Ended up getting it for $11000 plus tags registrations etc etc. Dropping it off tomorrow for the initial service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, thats what I thought. The ABS is not really an issue, was not looking at getting it with ABS anyway. Hopefully will get some more info when I head to see it. 1000 off does not sound bad at all. Will keep that in mind. I know they sometimes try to stick shipping costs, etc... did you get that as well?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
ABS is not really an issue, was not looking at getting it with ABS anyway.
I'd reconsider if I were you. ABS is a great feature that only several manufacturers offered until recently. I bet you won't see ANY new bikes without it in five years.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just recently picked up a new '09 M1100S and absolutely love it. I chose the '09 for a couple of reasons. One being current availability and the other was price. For me personally, I knew I wanted the "S" model for the Ohlins suspension and there is a 2K kicker for the "S". The other is that I really wanted the carbon slip on Termi's. On top of this I added a new helmet, jacket, bike cover and comfort seat at time of purchase. Without going in to details, my dealer offered a very fair price on the bike up front plus a nice discount on the accessories. You probably would still get a discount on accessories getting them at time of delivery but you should get a much better price on the '09. I was going to wait on the helmet, jacket, cover and seat but the offer was attractive enough to get it all up front.

With the Termi's, the longer heat shields don't really apply and for me personally, ABS was not a requirement. You probably will get a ton of posts suggesting pro or con on the ABS. Your bike, your choice....simple as that.

All depends if braggin' to your pals that you got a brand new '10 model vs. an '09 model is important to you.

I look at it this way, who cares if it is an '09 or a '10, IT IS A FREAKIN' DUCATI!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts