Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this started happening about a week ago. Out of know where the brake light wouldn't work, horn, and turn signals so I checked the fuses and sure enough blew out both 15 fuses. I replace them and everything works fine, for about 10 minutes then they blow out again. After going through about 3 fuses I started looking around the bike and there are no pinched wires and everythings grounded. I then see that my brake pedal was no tightened well enough so it was causing my brake light to just stay and resulting in a blown fuse. So I fixed the brake pedal and brake light works great but both left turn signals also come on when I hit front or foot brake. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lets start with any recent mods to the bike. Did you just do a tail chop?

Blown fuses are due to worn insulation or incorrect routing. I highly doubt the brake staying on caused it to blow. With the turn signal coming on when braking something is crossed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, haven't done anything to the bike except some termi slip-on's. I don't see how something could get crossed up when I've never touched any wires since I bought the bike brand new about 5 months ago.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very odd.

Sounds like you may need to take it to the dealer then. Perhaps they can track it down. It is still under warranty so that is not an issue.

Please update the thread once fixed. I would love to know what causes this without any modifications that may have caused a problem.

Just shooting in the dark.....When you did the slip ons, that was it? Just bolted them up? No removal of tank plastics to get to the air cleaner? You didnt remove the underpan on the seat? I am not doubting you, just trying to figure out a potential reason for this.

Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you checked the wiring harness running over the vertical cylinder head? I know I got a recall notice concerning this one, but haven't had any problems, and when I checked mine, it was fine. Sounds like you have some chaffed wires somewhere in there...That would explain most of what is going on. I'd personally just take it to the dealer since it should still be under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts