Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while my bike was at the shop being serviced, the service manager called me and said that the tank had swelled up really badly and that they had to order a new one. he said that this was a known issue with my bike and that Ducati would pick up the tab. being that the tank is an $1800 piece, i was delighted to hear this.

when i got the bike back, i found that i could no longer put the key into the "lock" position. what's strange is that i could lock the bike with no issues prior to taking it in for service. when i questioned the service manager about this, all he could say is that they had a new tank on order and it would be free of charge.

has this happened to anyone else? if so, i'm interested to hear your experience and if the problem has come back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
while my bike was at the shop being serviced, the service manager called me and said that the tank had swelled up really badly and that they had to order a new one. he said that this was a known issue with my bike and that Ducati would pick up the tab. being that the tank is an $1800 piece, i was delighted to hear this.

when i got the bike back, i found that i could no longer put the key into the "lock" position. what's strange is that i could lock the bike with no issues prior to taking it in for service. when i questioned the service manager about this, all he could say is that they had a new tank on order and it would be free of charge.

has this happened to anyone else? if so, i'm interested to hear your experience and if the problem has come back.
If your tank swelled up, the handle bars couldn't go far enough to be on a lock position. check and see if the handle bars are hitting your tank. If it is then replacing the tank is the only fix. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happened to me and my '07 695. Took it in Seacoast Ducati/BCM in NH. & they went through and took pics and filled out the forms to send in to Ducati HQ. They got a response from ducati within 1 day and will be replacing the tank next Friday. AWESOME AWESOME service.

If you have a great dealer like Seacoast, you should be taken care of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the handle bars are not hitting the tank. there is probably a 3 - 4 millimeter gap. my only problem is that i can't lock the bike.

my dealer took pictures and the whole bit too. they got approval from ducati and are just waiting for the new tank to arrive. i hope my experience is as good as yours, duncan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts