Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few pics of the mods coming along before winter. You can see the finish of the full Arrow system, and the SpeedyMoto pressure plate and springs. Now if CycleCat would just get the anodizing done on the rearset pieces, I've have those on too. Joe X

PS. The rear tail has to go this weekend!

Attachments

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davesax36 said:
I wish my bank account was like yours.
You probably don't. :)

I sold a few bikes I had collected over the years to consolidated to one and find the money. The da*n Ducati.com email blasts got me in late Sept. with the early intro of the 2007s! :)

But my rule of bikes/cars is always keep "wheel money" wheel money...never sell a bike to buy a couch or an appliance. It's worked for the last 20 years for me. So sometimes you have to part with something you really like, to try something new. Never thought I'd be able to sell my other bikes, but once you get working on the new bike, you never look back. Change is good. :)

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
900spg said:
One of the best looking Monsters I've seen yet, IMHO.
Thanks. It's amazing the pile of stock parts I have sitting on the garage floor at this moment. And more to come with rearsets, clip-ons, turn signals and the rear fender stuff yet to do. One of the bikes I had to sell to get this was my '99 M750. It was a great bike, but I wanted a little more power, a 6spd and a new "project." :) Attached are some pics. The pile of stuff I took off that bike was large too.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Both your new and old bikes look sweet. You got a good eye.... Keep up the good work.
I agree the tail must go this weekend.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Duke Dave said:
has your foot ever hit the pressure plate while driving?
No. Granted it's only been on a short while. But my previous bike had the same set up. I was worried at first, but I find I always "ride" with the ball of my foot on the peg, and only slide my foot forward to shift. It's even less of an issue with the CycleCat rearsets I'll be putting on. Just my experience though.

Likely less dangerous than the open primaries on so many Harleys. :)

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Munch said:
Is your oil level high? That's what it outta look like when balanced, but it's currently on the sidestand, no?
Thanks. No, it's on the track stand. That's why it's not perfectly level front to back in the glass. BTW, I changed my oil at 200 miles (long story why from a previous life working with an engine builder). It always amazes me the amount of superfine particles in suspension from initial break-in wear. The oil was still clear (as you could see in the pic), but it looked like a new "metallic" tinited clear coat. Particles smaller than the filter traps which gives it almost a pearlescent color. As you've guessed, part of the reason I changed it early.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bill in OKC said:
here was some scary stuff trapped by that sump screen. Like you, my oil had a metal-flake quality both times. I plan to change the oil/filter again at 600 miles and then every Fall or Spring after that. The bikes runs pretty good after following your lead and unplugging the O2 sensor. Thanks!
Bill: I hear you on the oil changes. Oil is cheap...even synthetic. After initial mileage, spring/fall is what I have always used also as a benchmark. Unless your doing longer trips and stuff, then an extra change doesn't hurt. It's worked for over 20 years on bikes for me. I have an 82 Honda CB900F I bought new in 82. I did Sturgis on that bike in 2000, so that added an extra 2500 miles and included running 85-90 in over 100 heat. It has over 30K on it, and the top end looks perfect. That's even without synthetics.

Glad the 02 disconnect is working for you. I'm looking forward to running it when it warm again. Not likely to be over 70 in WI again until next year. Take care.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice bikes jealous like the arrow cf cans. Got a set of my own.

Nice

-ghost

[cheeky] [cheeky]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Grazi, I just did the 600 mile service, ie first oil change(I almost kinda feel bad after reading the 200 mile thing). Just curious, since you OBVIOUSLY know your bikes. At what interval do you do oil changes, and which oil do you use. I read Spring/Fall. But I intend mega-miles come next summer.

Yeah I know there are 11tyb threads on oil, but I would really like to hear this guys opinion.

ps. bikes like yours are what turned me on yo Monsters in the first place

thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Rotten Randy said:
Get those pipes coated. Your bike would look sweet with the Titanium color you have:
What color is that ceramic coating on your pipes? [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts