Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got the pic from raptorsandrockets.com so take it with a grain of salt but the pic looks believable:

raptorsandrockets.com said:
Since the last time we spoke about the Hypermotard it have received an extra front brake disc and 100 extra cc. That the Hypermotard would get the 1100 was expected as it can only benefit from more torque and power. The DS 1100 is Ducati's latest air-cooled V-twin and Ducati claims they will get more than 95bhp from the engine in the Hypermotard. Torque released from the 1078cc twin is a claimed 103Nm @4750rpm. Dry weight 180kg, seat height: 845mm, Fuel tank 11,5 litres and the Hypermotard gets a six speed gearbox. Ducati will also show us the Hypermotard S with the best components for superb handling. TS
11.5 litre tank... :'(

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i saw the bike at the moto show last year. looked pretty cool!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! You'll note, though, that this is not that bike. The bike at all the shows was the prototype. This bike has a different motor but most obviously has dual front rotors. I can't wait to see it in person but I don't know if I can get by the tank size.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
ducatizzy said:
Yeah, it's just a R&R mockup, Ducati would never make a Motard, not even a pseudo-Motard.
you're joking right ??

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys this is actually a serious thread, this is the first time there's been clear info about the bike (1100) and a (supposed) picture of the actual bike so cut the crap.

ducatizzy said:
I think they did a much better job with the exhaust on this than on the SxR bikes.  The HM collector looks much more integrated.
Yeah, I think they got the message.

Dave - yeah, they're all joking, don't waste your time asking.

·
Registered
338 Posts
EvilSteve said:
Guys this is actually a serious thread, this is the first time there's been clear info about the bike (1100) and a (supposed) picture of the actual bike so cut the crap.
Yeah, I think they got the message.

Dave - yeah, they're all joking, don't waste your time asking.
OK OK, your right,

I like it, but I think it should be silver with blue wheels..

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MGPFan, why would you want them to copy you? Your bike wouldn't be as unique then?

Sorry for the :police: :police: but this is new info, not just some random "Hypermotard??!!" thread.

·
Registered
338 Posts
EvilSteve said:
MGPFan, why would you want them to copy you? Your bike wouldn't be as unique then?

Sorry for the :police: :police: but this is new info, not just some random "Hypermotard??!!" thread.
I'm really excited to see their reactions this spring when I show it at the Ducati Day Daytona.

Jedi Knight said:
Ducati should have hired MotoGPfan to design their motard.

His is about a billion times better looking than that POS at the top of this page.

just my $0.02
thanks [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
EvilSteve said:
Cool! You'll note, though, that this is not that bike. The bike at all the shows was the prototype. This bike has a different motor but most obviously has dual front rotors. I can't wait to see it in person but I don't know if I can get by the tank size.
yup. i'd always heard they'd use the latest iteration of the DS motor, so that wasn't a big shocker, and dual disks in front and making the bike a bit more consumer-friendly like the rear pegs makes sense. what's impressive to me is not so much what they've changed, but how similar it is to the showbike:

head to head:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Shift-Tech said:
I sat on one last month at my friends shop in Europe. Ducati left his display model with him for a few days. Production of carbon parts is in the works, we will be offering many carbon parts for it by the begining of next year.
so pony up!!!!

how did it feel?

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
ducatizzy said:
Everyone notice the TINY foot guard on the exhaust, i guess for the passenger?
Also, the front fender is interesting -- no front piece, which I guess is why it still has the chicken nose, only a rear and side piece..

Nice, but i still don't like the chicken nose.
+1

nose chop is a must

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I calculate ~94 miles before the fuel light comes on but that's based on my own riding on an S2R 800. What did we decide was the average range of an S2R 1k? I could probably work it out better based on those numbers. Yeah, I know it changes based on rider and a myriad of other factors but until the bike is tested we have no idea how the 1100 will run and I'm only interested in a ballpark anyway.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts