Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000. 2-valve, air cooled, dry clutch, dual spark, 1000 cc motor. 7,xxx miles.

It has a few aftermarket parts:
Ex-Box exhaust (goes under the bike)
Fast by Ferracci Airbox kit and filter
O2 sensor modulators
Power Commander
clip ons
fender eliminator
LED brake light with integrated turn signals
shortie signals in the front
clip-ons (with instrument cluster/headlight lowered)
bar-end mirrors, open clutch cover (with nicer pressure plate, springs, and retainers)
Nichols lightweight flywheel
geared down one tooth with a new front sprocket
carbon fiber (CF) front fender, CF belt covers, CF chain guards, CF heel guards
frame sliders
and a small tank protector which can be removed or replaced if it isn't to your liking.

Needless to say, it's runs very well and is strong. Never dropped, good tires.

Silver with factory black stripe down the center of the tank/fairing/tail section.

$7,200

Title is clear and in my name, no liens, loans, or holds.
Will consider trades for a more adventure type bike. 11xx/1200 GS, KTM 950/990 Adventure, etc.

Mike
Norfolk, VA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Never raced, or abused. This is my ninth bike - so I'm not new to bikes and am not doing anything squiddish... like burning up the clutch and chain with wheelies, stoppies, and burnouts.

New rear tire was put on due to puncture at 6xxx miles, so the rear is good with an easy 1k on it. The picture shown is accurate, as it is just days old. The front tire has much less tread left. I would estimate it to have 1k or so left on it. If this is a deal breaker, we can work it out.

I'm a very accommodating guy, so if there's anything you don't like, we can make it right.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else!
-Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Which dealership would you take it to for the service?

And are you open to dealing with shippers? I'm in Nevada, so that is a bit of a drive back, so I'd have to get it brought out here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I forgot to update the ad. Bike is at Redline Ducati of Yorktown for a full tune up, valve job, new belts, etc. The service is way more than I was expecting, so I'm asking $7,200 for the bike.

I am willing to deal with shippers with full payment up front. What you would have in the mean time is a title and bill of sale.

I wouldn't mind riding it out to Vegas for gas and a plane ticket. ;-)

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
That might be a bit more than shipping it out to Reno... And the miles kinda take something from it at an additional 3k or so...

Let me look into shipping costs. Do you have any more photos?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so good news, and bad news.

Bad news is the dealer called yesterday... with bad news. During the 7,500 mile maintenance they found the valve guides were bad. This seems to be common flaw (due to a bad batch of parts?) and Ducati knows about this. This bike is obviously out of warranty, but...

the GOOD news is that because Ducati knows it's their bust, they've got a "goodwill" warranty to cover it. It has to be approved, of course, and I have no idea how long that will take. I should think it won't be too long as it's off season up here.

The valve guides will be replaced either way, and ithe bike will be good as new (well, better than new in this case) - this should never be an issue again. The dealer isn't really close, so I'll get more photos up once the bike is done, if that's ok. If you're serious about getting the bike and need pictures sooner to make a decision, let me know and I can make it happen.

I'll post more info as I get it.

-Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update...

As an update, I picked up an R1150GSA, so I'm not really looking for trades anymore.

I'm still trying to sell the bike, however, she's still at the local Duc dealer for service (yes, since the February update). I'm not sure which one of the thousand excuses they gave me is the accurate one, so to make a long story short, I have no idea when she'll be ready. I call once a week and they basically give me some run-around, and she should be ready soon... so your guess is as good as mine.

I know the whole thing sounds odd, and I don't want to go into a lot of detail on a public forum about this place while they still have my bike, so feel free to call, PM, or e-mail me with any questions.

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes!

I just called the dealer and I'm going to go pick her up today!

I'll report back with photos later!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally...

Ok, so almost 3 months and 1600 bucks later... here she is, ready for the taking.

Please note, I'm taking a bike trip April 29-May 16. The bike will be available during that time, but I will not be. During that time frame there can only be a cash transaction with a family member or friend of my choosing and there will be no test rides whatsoever.

Test rides while I am in town will be given on a cash in hand basis only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot the tires:

Rear:

Front:

New front available (though it's a half size taller than stock):

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Price drop:

New Price - $7,000

I may be able to go lower, but that means replacing factory parts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts