Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 s2r800 shifter and linkage?

i need a shift lever and linkage rod. price plus shipping to 15210. oh, and a crg bar end hindsight also. i have some parts to trade if desired. let me know [thumbsup] thanks.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Re: 06 s2r800 shifter and linkage?

Hey,

I don't have the parts you need but I I have some advice. I damaged only my shifter a few summers back and when I replaced it, it turned out that something was actually screwed up in my transmission. What started to happen was the bike would not shift down into first, instead I would push down to drop gears and nothing would happen. I would hear a small amount of chatter also. It would shift but it would take me stepping down a few times to get it to go. When I spoke with the regional tech manager at the NY Bike show in January, he explained that things are very precisely measured in the trani and that any damage could result it internal stuff going wrong. Just figured that I would share since your damage looks worse than mine. Anyway, good luck finding what you need. If you know anyone that needs the brake or clutch lever, or the passenger foot peg off an s2r let me know. I have extras.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 06 s2r800 shifter and linkage?

thanks for the advice. my dealer has had the bike since jan. and did a full appraisill(sp?) seems the shift box is fine. my bro actually rode the bike the nite of the incident and had no problems once he could get a hold of the lever. so i hope the lever and rod are all i need to get on the road for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts