Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bike and went to get inspection today and the guy found out that my brake light doesnt work!

The tail light is always on as long as I turn the ignition to on but bot front abd rear brake wouldn't activate the light and make it brighter like it should be.

Anyone will give me a hand? Riding at night without the brake light is kinda scary..

I'm a new guy to motorcycle so please explain to me like I'm a 3 year old.:p

·
Registered
32 Posts
yoyo - switch!

there's a tiny actuating button underneath your brake levers (one for your foot and one for the right hand). if you squeeze slowly, you can hear a click. that click is the actuator for the brake light. the actuator may be stuck.

it happened to me once where there rear brake was acuating the brake light but the front wasnt. turned out it was a faulty switch..

could be the same story for you too! if so its a cheap fix!

-d

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having a similar issue with my Motodynamic LED light. I can see it blink 3 times when turning to on as it should when the brakes are applied. However, the brake light does not seem to turn off "bright". I can hear the front and rear switches click and I can even see slight brightness changes in the light. Based on that, I know they are making connection to the LED light. It is not blinking 3 times like it should and will not go to the running light.

Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts