Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my bike in for a basic service and new tires a few months ago but a few miles after leaving the dealer, I realized all my gauges were not working, lights out etc. The bike continued to run until I shut it off. At that point, I realized it had blown the 15A fuse that handles the lights gauges etc. I replaced it and hopped on - bike only went about two miles before blowing the 15A fuse again - did this several times. I have looked for shorts, but haven't found any issues with my multimeter. I can't think of anything the dealer would have done to cause this and spending a $1000 for troubleshooting isn't in the budget. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Since it doesn't happen immediatley it is an intermittent problem.
Id do a REAL thorough search for pinched parts or a part that got pinched and is not real close to ground. There is a good chance that the shop had something to do with it... don't believe in consequences.
I'd start disconnecting all the non necessary parts out of the circuit and then ride it. to see if it clears. You could then start reconnecting them one at a time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts