Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a new, still in the box tank for sale.

the box was opened only to check that the contents were ok.

new retails for $1482.00 + $114.86 (CA tax) = $1596.86

selling for $1250.00 FIRM see below

i'm in Huntington Beach California and would prefer a local deal face to face.

will put up some pics in a bit...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: '05 monster dark tank NEW IN BOX...

carb'ed FI steel plastic ???????????????

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

stock '05 tank, so its for FI bike and is not plastic (i think...? seems metallic to me but its pretty light...hmm better bust out a magnet when i get home...)

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts

'05 would have been plastic.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts

That is a plastic tank. The steel tanks have the crimping on the lower edge...

·
Registered
5 Posts

Do you still have the tank? If so does this tank have the flue pump inside and have the sensor that plugs intothe bottom. could you send so pictures

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

sorry, no hardware included...(exactly the way the tank comes when ordered from ducati)

price set at $1000.00 still...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
come on guys, someone throw me a bone here...

these tanks are NOT cheap when brand new, at this price i feel like im doing someone a favor :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
you'll do me a favor by selling it to me for $650, you're dreaming to get $1000 for that tank.. in the end the thing probably fell off a truck anyway. I'd take the $650 while I could if I were you.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I don't think you'll get a 1000 for it.... there are some nice tanks on Ebay that go for $500 at the most

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That Nice Guy Beck said:
you'll do me a favor by selling it to me for $650, you're dreaming to get $1000 for that tank.. in the end the thing probably fell off a truck anyway. I'd take the $650 while I could if I were you.
maybe a long shot at that price but i can wait, $600 off retail is quite a deal...

and it didnt "fall off a truck", lol. it was part of an insurance deal but i decided to keep the old tank on the bike since its been slightly customized and the dent in it is very small. (see below)

CETME said:
I don't think you'll get a 1000 for it.... there are some nice tanks on Ebay that go for $500 at the most
sure $500 is probably a good deal for a "nice" tank, but this one is brand new.

eventually someone will have their bike tip over, handlebars denting the tank (like happened to me), they will want a new stock replacement and wont want to pay retail. my price will be plenty attractive to that person...

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
pencil rain said:
eventually someone will have their bike tip over, handlebars denting the tank (like happened to me), they will want a new stock replacement and wont want to pay retail. my price will be plenty attractive to that person...
If that happened to me, I would just make the claim on my insurance and pay the $500 deductible.

I would keep an eye on this to see what people are willing to pay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DUCATI-MONSTER-S4R-FUEL-GAS-TANK-RED-BLACK-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35609QQihZ012QQitemZ220104542288QQrdZ1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mucky said:
If that happened to me, I would just make the claim on my insurance and pay the $500 deductible.
and bite it on your insurance premium increase over such a small amount? no thanks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.