Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a PC III for this bike? Power commander website says no. Anyone no anything different?

cdc
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
cdc said:
Is there a PC III for this bike? Power commander website says no. Anyone no anything different?

cdc
I really don't understand how this stuff works, but is this what you are looking for?
DynoJet Power Commander- Ducati
Fast By Ferracci's new Power Commander represents a breakthrough technology for motorcycles with original equipment (OEM) fuel injection. Each unit is supplied with a specific map, designed to improve performance over stock. In addition, several maps for alternate tuning packages are included on CD-ROM and can be uploaded into the Power Commander module via any PC. The Power Commander III includes a computer link cable and software package which allows you to fully map the fuel curve on your computer. With out a computer, the fuel curve can be adjusted using three touch buttons on the face plate. We are continuously mapping different combinations for each bike.


Price: $329.00
F44560 DynoJet Power Commander- Ducati
(Monster 1000/1000SS 2004-Present)

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=146
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bug said:
I used the one for the 03' - 04' models, no problems.

I take that to be the unit listed on the Dynojet website for the '03-'04 M1000 (unit listed in their application chart as 717-411). Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TerribleTabo said:
I really don't understand how this stuff works, but is this what you are looking for?
DynoJet Power Commander- Ducati
Fast By Ferracci's new Power Commander represents a breakthrough technology for motorcycles with original equipment (OEM) fuel injection. Each unit is supplied with a specific map, designed to improve performance over stock. In addition, several maps for alternate tuning packages are included on CD-ROM and can be uploaded into the Power Commander module via any PC. The Power Commander III includes a computer link cable and software package which allows you to fully map the fuel curve on your computer. With out a computer, the fuel curve can be adjusted using three touch buttons on the face plate. We are continuously mapping different combinations for each bike.


Price: $329.00



F44560 DynoJet Power Commander- Ducati
(Monster 1000/1000SS 2004-Present)

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=146

I was told by someone from Ferracci that the appropriate unit for my '05 M1000S is that used for the '03-'04 M800 listed in the dynojet website application chart as 716-411 vs 717-411 for '03-'04 M1000. Maybe Brad Black's comments that basically you choose the one with the proper lenght of wire and proper connectors also apply here. I want to know what other people's comments and experiences are. Thanks for the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OT said:
www.Hardracing.com shows a PCIII usb for your bike...

Thanks but it does not list a unit for an '05 M1000S. They did list a unit for the '03-'04 M1000S and Bug says that it works just fine. The local Dynojet tuning center says it does not have an application for my bike but Ferracci says use the one for the '03-'04 M800. I am waiting for more comments from more DMLers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Checked with my dealer over the weekend to see if the pc3 was out for the 06 s2r1000. The last year they made the pc3 was for the 04 model. He was checking to see if the 04 pc3 worked for my bike from the looks of previous posts it does. I would check with your local dealer for safe measure.

Thanks,

ghost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
cdc: I'm told that the 03-04 unit will work in the '05. The key is that the part numbers are the same for the throttle position sensor. I haven't tested this out first-hand, as I have already blown my mod budget out of the water this year, but as Bug mentioned, he has the 03-04 on his '05 with no ill effect.

Ghost: I'm not sure if it will work with the S2R1000 because of that funky closed loop system that it has. Last I heard, word was that Power Commander hadn't made one yet because they had not been able to get a bike from Ducati for R&D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
My 05 1000s had a PCIII on it when I purchased it. The number on the unit is 716-410. It is hooked up and has a dyno tuned map in it for the Sil Motor High mounts on the bike, so it appears to be working just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DucHockey said:
cdc: I'm told that the 03-04 unit will work in the '05. The key is that the part numbers are the same for the throttle position sensor. I haven't tested this out first-hand, as I have already blown my mod budget out of the water this year, but as Bug mentioned, he has the 03-04 on his '05 with no ill effect.

That would be unit 717-411. see dynojet.com application chart.


http://www.powercommander.com/buynowbike.shtml
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Templar said:
No, it is clearly labeled on the side of the unit 716-410. I don't see the number on any application lists either, but it is on my bike.
maybe a previous year designation. interesting!!!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top