Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on troubleshooting this or recommend any parts to get to sort it. Or if anyone has had similar symptons.
Bike has been parked up over a year. Changed the oil with the plan of getting it on the road.
Started up fine, leave it ticking over for 20 mins and then turn it off and it then refuses to start back up.(Does not cut out)No crank and just get the engine light as below. Warming up the engine seems to cause a problem.
Now the bike will not crank even when cold. Just get the light as shown in youtuube vdeo.
Battery is good. I have tried red key and still the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any tips on troubleshooting this or recommend any parts to get to sort it. Or if anyone has had similar symptons.
Bike has been parked up over a year. Changed the oil with the plan of getting it on the road.
Started up fine, leave it ticking over for 20 mins and then turn it off and it then refuses to start back up.(Does not cut out)No crank and just get the engine light as below. Warming up the engine seems to cause a problem.
Now the bike will not crank even when cold. Just get the light as shown in youtuube vdeo.
Battery is good. I have tried red key and still the same.

Even though you have dash lights, I'd wire brush the battery leads AND the hot lead to the starter.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Start with basics. Are you SURE battery is good ? Do a load test. I spent hours last year diagnosing crazy problems on two different bikes with batteries that checked over 12 v. Both batteries failed. LOAD test will tell you if the battery is capable of cranking your bike over. Car load tester can be used. I leave my bikes on maintenance chargers and they masked the fact that the battery was bad and would not crank a bike or operate an ecu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Background noise is birds 😁

Battery is good. I even tried a battery off my other bike and still the same.
Really strange one

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your immobilizer light is on. Suggest disconnecting and reconnecting the key coil detector, ecu and dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts