Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any valid stock fork and shock settings. The manual is fairly useless and all I can get out of my dealer is rear sag at 1-1/4". I can tell the bike wants to/can be open to some setting updates. Just your basic canyon carving and weekend warrior stuff. I heard about a new Euro shock to hit the market here, about half of the cost of an Ohlins. I believe it started with a P???.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
1 1/4" of rear sag is pretty skimpy IMO.

I've got my S4 set up with about 1 1/2" of sag in the front, 1 7/8" in the back. I weigh about 160 geared up. If you're quite a bit heavier, or ride nasty roads, you could go less.

Your M1000 has the same suspension travel as my S4, so that sag should be OK. It works pretty good for me.

As far as damping, I wish I could tell you. I thought I had mine pretty well set, but the last weekend in July I found a section of road that my forks could not deal with properly. I adjusted, but couldn't stay on that road to finish the job. I'm kinda lost now.

R

·
0 Posts
here is a link from ducati.....gives some pretty good basic set up stuff....
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/service.jhtml?part=archive&service=detail&detailId=14

Also ohlins, penske, and racetech, hyperpro, etc. all have tech info and or pdf's to get you an idea of where to start and how to get there.
Once you get an idea of what the adjustments are doing you can start clicking from where you are and count to see how many clicks you are at, then go back to where you were and adjust from there.
Don't forget once sag is set there is also geometry to think about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts