Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
greetings everyone, here's my problem that I've been working on for the past two weeks...

1. bike won't start after two years of storage. Battery dead...
2. changed new battery and spark plugs; noticed fuel pump wasn't working...
3. ordered and installed new fuel pump and fuel filter, thinking it would solve the problem, but it didn't...
4. checked every fuse and connector, they are OK
5. sprayed cold start fluid into air intake, the bike fired up for a few seconds, must be something wrong with the fuel injector system... no fuel going into the combustion chamber
6. everything seems to work after turn the key to ON, push start button, motor and engine turn, just not firing up...

would really like to find and fix the problem myself instead of going to the shop, please help...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gotta get all that old fuel out of the injectors and fuel lines. It's going to be gummed up in there pretty good if it was there for 2 years. I haven never done that before, but if it were my bike I would try soaking the injectors in new gasoline for a day or so. Then goin at them with carb cleaner.....just a guess though...
get that old stuff out of the tank too if you haven't already. Gas that old isn't going to burn if it wasn't treated...even if it was it wont burn well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts