Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 M620 i.e. dark, purchased a few months ago, but ride it almost everyday. I tried to start it after letting it sit for about 30-45 min and could not turn it over. The "engine" light stayed on after the gages do their initial light-up and the security LED light flashed. ???

This has never happened before and thankfully I was at home and in the garage. :-/

I tried several times and since the LED was flashing I thought that I would try the other spare key since the are supposedly encoded or something. It worked and the bike turned over and started. But I was sceaptic and turned it off and tried it again and it did the same thing and would not turn over.

I came back and tried it again after about three hours and it worked fine. Does anyone know what is going on and if it will happen again and leave me stranded somewhere?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Sounds like the ECU doesn't like being hot ???
Or some other component?
No FHE, so I'm just guessing.

Maybe let it sit once with the tank propped open ( low on gas is a nice time) a bit to let things cool off different, maybe you can find something. ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
The bike was not that hot, just warm maybe, but I didn't concider that. That could have been it though. I rode it to work again today with no probs. :-/
I hate not KNOWING what the problem is and hate even more not Knowing if/when it will happen again. Has anyone heard of a problem like this with another Duc?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
It maybe due to the 15 second timeout. If you don't start the bike within 15 seconds of ignition on it won't start. just turn the key off and back on and try again.

·
Banned
33 Posts
sounds like a funny problem. i'm a new ducati owner. just want you to beware of a problem i was having: the battery died a couple times due to the fact that i overturned the ignition to "P" for park, instead of stopping at "Lock." I guess I don't need a new battery :eek: though I've heard the yuasa benefits the stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts