Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 2002 Ducati Monster 750S with around 4,100 miles. Bike has been dropped a couple of times in parking lot, so it has some scratches, a classic handle bar tank dent, and the rear brake pedal is slightly bent. Bike has been in this condition the whole last season and is completely rideable. I've never had any issues with it and it is totally reliable. It is of dark grey color with red rims (Senna color scheme). Bike had the 600 miles service done. Title is clear and I'm the second owner. Garaged. I'll have detailed pics available on weekend. Please only serious inquiries as I'm busy. Available for pick-up only in Queens, NY.

It could be a perfect beginner's bike for Ducati enthusiasts. [thumbsup]

$5,000 cash.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Re: Ducati Monster 750 ie S

DROPPED AND SCRATCHED...no mods listed as being done or on it...so it is bone stock and it hasn't had a major service done to it (specially since the belts are overdue-12k or 2 years and the bike is 4 years old)....and you want top dollar retail?!?!?!!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

can I have what you are on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1. purchased the bike in Mar '06 with 350 miles - the first owner was garaging it for 18 months. I bought the bike from him in front of Ducati Manhattan after they readied it for the season. At 600 miles I took the bike to Ducati Manhattan for the service, have the receipts.

2. KBB Retail Value $5,695. Not arguing with NADA, however the bike has been garaged and is in very good condition. Too lazy to fix the minor things. Nevertheless, I believe $5K is a good proposition for this Ducati.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

trespasser said:
2. KBB Retail Value $5,695. Not arguing with NADA, however the bike has been garaged and is in very good condition. Too lazy to fix the minor things. Nevertheless, I believe $5K is a good proposition for this Ducati.
okay...for the sake of arguement...you can ask whatever you want that you think is fair or reasonable....but lets take your KBB figure for a moment and look at something....the fine print under that figure...

Suggested Retail Value $5695
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

and for reference...on KBB "Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3870

ALSO...FYI....KBB bases there numbers more accurately on west coast figures from dealers....NADA bases their figures on more east coast reported information.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

zooom said:
okay...for the sake of arguement...you can ask whatever you want that you think is fair or reasonable....but lets take your KBB figure for a moment and look at something....the fine print under that figure...

Suggested Retail Value $5695
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

and for reference...on KBB "Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3870

ALSO...FYI....KBB bases there numbers more accurately on west coast figures from dealers....NADA bases their figures on more east coast reported information.

You win [thumbsup]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: '02 Monster 750 ie S

I'm not sure about the whole "down in a parkin lot" bit. I layed my duc down at about 35 mph and I have a smaller dent than that from the handle bars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

nomonster said:
I'm not sure about the whole "down in a parkin lot" bit. I layed my duc down at about 35 mph and I have a smaller dent than that from the handle bars.
Yeah.. I was surprised too.. It's probably because of denting it at two separate occasions on the same side.. There's no way I was going 35 mph.. probably 20 mph at most. Nevertheless, it is what it is - took a lot of pics to give everybody an idea about the condition. I'm trying to get a Jap bike for coming season and after that returning to Ducati camp with a 1098.

I would consider trading it in for a 600 or suzuki 750. I doubt this is the right forum though.. Anyways, looking to sell the bike fast, so good offers welcome [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

Just a suggestion to make your sale quicker: I bought this same model about a year ago for a slightly lower price w/ about the same mileage. But it had much smaller dent (not very noticable), two brother exhaust w/ k&n air filter, tail chopped w/ relocator kit, carbon pieces, kickstand bypass, integrated turn signal mirrors. He also gave me a pitbull rear stand. So, even last year, the bike wouldn't have fetched that amount. That said, I agree w/ the comments above that you should look to lower the price to the (low) 4,000 range, and start taking offers from there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts