Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting off the bike and into a Toyota pickup...my bike is gorgeous and has been nothing but a joy to ride. Had the 6000 mile valve job done and the mechanic smacked it (while duckwalking the bike) into a van...bad for him and good for me as there was no damage other than a dent in the left Akro pipe...new ones were installed at his expense...
anyhow...the bike is in my garage and if I can get " fair market value" I'll sell it. It's matte black, Cat-Eye clip-ons, a carbon fiber windscreen (custom) and sounds like no other bike on the road.

Email if interested...I have pics.

thanks!
bANDb

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
KBB for US isn't exactly Canadian equivilent....so what are you looking to get for it and where are the pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
$6000~$6500 CND is a fair market value. Given that the bike is already in Vancouver and all necessary modifications have been completed (meets import registrar regulations). Also, MINT condition (tires, break, chain, sprocket, clutch) and recently tuned up.
send/post pics please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You gotta take into account the whole border thing, with extra tarriffs for vehicles from other countries, along with the probability that the speedos probably in kilometers and might need to be readjusted, if that's possible. I'd say the proper value is more like 4800US, whatever that is in CAN$. Any pics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ducati's are a bit more expensive in Canada than the US because dealers use an approx 1.4 CND: 1 USD exchange rate, eventhough it is about 1.1 right now. Stupid? "Yes," but what can you do. Moreover, there are not a lot of Ducati's in Vancouver, because a) The weather sucks here, and b) it's too pricey to own and maintain. So due to its rarity here, $6000 is fair, though there was one 2005 M620 Mint condition that sold for $6500CND about three months ago on Craigslist. The question now is how desperate are you to get rid of the bike?

4800USD=>5300 CND.

Was the bike imported or bought locally?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey gang.
I bought the bike from owner #1 in Seattle about 2.5 years ago and went through the somewhat arduous task of importing it. It's all legit (obviously, as it's my daily ride) now. Taking into consideration the pipes on it, I'd like $6500...and I'll say I'm firm-ish at that. Another note that I didn't mention, it was bumped over on Burard street (parked car backing up) and the poor Duc took a spill. Usual minor damage (all cosmetic) but the bike got a new tank, bars, clutch cover, master cylinder...hmmm....and other odds and ends. Cost the *stupid lady* about $5000, but she deserved it...cell phone on her ear, 14000 shopping bags in her small convertible...I saw it happen from the 3rd floor at work (painful...oh my).
I can email pics if you send me an email address....or you can reach me at [email protected].

thanks.
M

·
Registered
5 Posts
'all necessary modifications have been completed (meets import registrar regulations)'

-thought there were no 'modifications' necessary other than attaching the kilometre conversion sticker, which the inspection centre gives you, to the speedometer and odometer and rewiring for constant 'all lights on'. Were you made to do more than that?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Nice to hear that you actually caught someone in the act of trashing your bike, instead of finding it laying down later!
e

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's been awhile since my last posting...the bike is in the shop getting a spring cleaning. It'll be available in a week or so. I've had an offer from a local Vancouverite of $6500 which seems fair to me. I'll likely be selling it soon....sigh....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts