Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynajet has no listing for a PC for the '02 620ie. I've talked with their tech line and they say it was not tested with that model year. According to Motostrano, the ECU p/n for '02 is not the same as the ECU p/n for '03/04. Anyone know if the PCIII for the later model years works the same with the '02?

FWIW, I have installed Remus (Ducati Perf) slip-ons and an open airbox cover with filter. Everything appears to be working well but, I would like to get the most out of this set-up.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have a PCIII on my 2002 620, Fast by Ferracci has their own map for it, for that year.I had it put on in December along with Sil hi pipes and an open air box.

Contact FBF I think they sell them with the map.

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci/

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a PCIII on my 2002 620, Fast by Ferracci has their own map for it, for that year.I had it put on in December along with Sil hi pipes and an open air box.

Contact FBF I think they sell them with the map.

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci/
Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.

G

·
I just bought the PCIII from FBF for my 02 monster 620. These power commanders are made for the 998 and FBF modifies them some how (map is guess) for all the 02 monsters which Dynojet does not support. Kind of interesting since that 02 was the first year for the fuel injected 750 and 620.

I got the same arrogant speal from the folks at dynojet. makes me think they don't know alot about bikes.

In any case I've got Leo Vinci Carbon High Pipes, and a TPO Beast pod filter intake (no airbox). It was running fine, no popping, plugs a little light though, it was running quite a bit lean, but with no problems just not optimal.

Put the PCIII with the FBF 620 Map, and wow! Sucker absolutely ripped this weekend. I rode my friend stock 750 and couldn't wait to get back on my 620. Flys!

Haven't check the plugs yet but I bet its getting gas now!

I'm thinking of having it tuned at a PCIII tuning center, but just bolting it on made a huge difference. I'll probably wait to take it until I get used to the new mods, then in six months feel like a got a new bike again!

The guys at fbf are good they know ducati's and motorcycles

·
Registered
211 Posts
For the money do you think it was worth the upgrade? I was thinking about getting something like this for my 620 but considering the fact that I'd like to upgrade in a year or two I get a little hesitant. Is there really that noticable of a difference?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
269 Posts
Make that 3 for FBF. They did a custom map and after 13 dyno runs she is making 63.3 RWHP. The PCIII and open air box made a very noticeble differance in acceleration. Money well spent IMHO

G

·
Your call man, makes a huge difference on my bike but I'm planning on keeping it for some time. Right now its only costing me what I add to it.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Maybe I don't understand all the details of a PCIII, but can't the people that already have a specialized map download it to a computer and share it with others, or say split the cost?

mitt

G

·
Make that 4 for Ferracci, I put a PC3 on my wifes 02' 620, because of the altitude here (7400ft at the lowest point) and after some tweeking, it runs great...What I like about Ferracci, is they are no B.S. .. I called them , asked if it would work, they gaurenteed it would, I got it in the mail about 3 days later...and the shipping was only $4 bucks or so!

Hope this helps! ;D

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The PC for my bike should be on the way.

I don't see why you couldn't share maps. You could doctor one up and send it on it's way. However, I would take a good look at anything you intend to load to the PC.

As for the "is it worth it?". Look at it this way, if you increase the air flow, you need to put in more fuel. With FI you can't do it without getting to the electronic controls. You most likely took weight off the bike when you added the open airbox and free flowing exhaust. That changed your thrust weight ratio. Add to that the fact that most engines are running lean to beat the emissions police.

If it all works out, you loose weight, gain horse power and get a better running engine. I'll let you know how it turns out.

G

·
well why am I replying here...oh yeah install the fuel pump software and enable it! it gives one more kick for sure ;)

What else...yes I plan on having mine dynoed as well sometimes once I've done the valve. One thing I now is that I seem to get less detonation with 87 than 92 so I'm gonna stick to 87 for now. The detonations occur more when slowing down using the engine break, downward on a slope in 1st or 2nd gear for instance, the tps being zero.

I'd say buying the FBF exhausts combined with the Airbox mod would be the best to get the most out of the PC. Now in my case having different exhausts which to let way more air go thru it has become a bit of a pain, as well as expensive; if I want to get the most of all the mods I really need to have the bike dynoed which will cost around $400 from the quote I got. The 750 '02 fbf map does not do it for me unfortunately.
I had to increase by 20 in the software the whole map to have it run properly otherwise the bike would die, indeed I got an idle at around 800 with their custom map. There are still some problematic range, around 3-4krpm.

I have the 750i.e. '02 which I guess is more or less the same bastard model as yours ::)

++

G

·
I have put on pipes and opened the air box on my 02 620ie. Runs alright but I know that it would run better if it were remapped to dump more fuel in.
Is it possible to find some one to remap my existing PC, or do I have to get the PCIII? If I do one or the other of these options, would it still need to be dynoed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Power commander III for 620 ie 2003

:rolleyes:I just ordered the power commander III, I purchased from this site http://www.fuelmotousa.com/power_commander.htm , I spoke with them on the phone and not only did they have the best price they offer tech support as well. They are shipping it to me pre mapped for arrow slip ons and velocity stacks. I am waiting for a set of Arrow carbon fiber hi mount slip ons and have received the stacks and am bassically waiting to install. I will let you know how it preforms. Also I will document installs at www.ninjabandit.com under projects. This bike is mechannicall stock at this point in time and I am looking foward to feeling the difference after modifications.;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
on my girls 620 we just bought one for the 03,loaded the dynojet map and rode a drastically changed bike....i dont know why they wont just list it for the 02 but its all the same!! Hell I just took the PC3 OFF the 620 and put it on a 2001 900....the one for the 900 is supposed to plug in at the ecu whereas the 620 one (as well as all the other monsters) plugs up at the injectors...of course the 900 map didnt have as many RPM increments so I just filled in the blanks on the 620 commander but the result is a 900 that runs right with the full exhaust thats on it...you just have to realize if its fuel injected all you are doing is intercepting the signal and modifying it..its easy

·
Registered
5 Posts
commander III

Interesting, The Arrow exhaust came yesterday, I put it on after work and was finished in less than 1 1/2 hours, pretty direct but no pictures or diagrams so the first side took longer. It is much lighter but not very loud. So who needs to be noisy with a ducati??
Any way the power Commander also arrived and I am going to install it before work today. Bike looks good so far, Can't wait to ride her with the powercommander installed.
Thanks for you comments!
Have a bangin' 4th!!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts