Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about 748's,916's, and 996's for a while now and was wondering how much of an interest there is in a trade for my 01' S4. Details upon request and its an excellent bike, just doesnt have the aggressive positioning im looking for since selling my TLR and R1. Any interest let me know. I was planning of getting lower clip-ons and aftermarket pegs for the S4 but realized.. it might be better to get a more aggressive bike...we'll see. thanks for looking, Attached is a pic, i have removed the tailsection and added a vented clutch cover since. Im in Orange County NY. Perhaps someone is looking for a more comfortable riding position, but still have the grunt of the 916.
Kevin

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a bit of a hike dhmaia71, shipping would probably make the trade unfeesable, plus, we would have to do a through exam or eachothers bike and thats a long trip if something didnt workout no? I certainly appreciate the offer though. Kevin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Heh, i wish i was local.. I live in good old Minnesota. Definately willing to drive though. MN isnt exactly the bets for finding Ducatis.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just under 24k. i have the maintenence records from rockwells, and the bike is presently getting stripped for a valve check/adjustment and timing belts as we speak. It was and is maintained very well. Im a rather anal architect and the previous owner was an engineer, and we know how they can be.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
opinion914 said:
just under 24k. i have the maintenence records from rockwells, and the bike is presently getting stripped for a valve check/adjustment and timing belts as we speak. It was and is maintained very well. Im a rather anal architect and the previous owner was an engineer, and we know how they can be.
This is so tempting.
I already have a gloss black M1000s, but I love the silver frame of the S4!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the frame is nice, what i was first hooked on were the 5 spoke Marchesinis, this was the first bike i've owned w/ 5-spokes, the others always had 3-spoke which was a pattern that never grew on me, so vain. :-\

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice bike GotDuc, but im definately looking for something more aggressive. i might be selling the S4 shortly, just need to get some other things in order first. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Opinion:

I might be interested when you sell the monster. Have to sell my SS first. But definetly am going the monster way..

Got Duc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts