Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if you can get an '01 S4 cluster to work on a '98 750. the cluster is not digital, but does have a key logo with a led.
I'm just trying to add a tach to my bike............thanks

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
does anybody know if you can get an '01 S4 cluster to work on a '98 750. the cluster is not digital, but does have a key logo with a led.
I'm just trying to add a tach to my bike............thanks
Not without a bit of work, pre '00 Monsters use an analogue drive speedo with a cable from the front wheel, I'm _pretty_ sure the '01 cluster will have an electronic speedo with a sensor running off the back wheel. The tacho will need some fiddling too, the carbed Monsters have wasted spark ignition, where the plugs fire every revolution instead of every second revolution like the FI Monsters...

It could be done, but it's not just a bolt on mod...

big

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have an '01 750 Dark and it is analog with speedo cable to the front fork. I don't know if the '01 S4 is cable in front or sensor in back.
My '02 S4 has the sensor on the swing arm. Sounds like too many obstacles to hurdle over just to add a tach to my '98.............

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
'01 S4 is a cable drive speedo.

The electronic tacho on the S4 is a servo-driven unit, so IMO it would be nearly impossible to get it to play.
Maybe a hero-grade sparky could do it. :-\

1 - 4 of 4 Posts