Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The last time I rode was about a week ago. In hindsight, I think it was running a little rough on my way home, but it wasn't bad, so I didn't worry about it. Today, when I was about to head out for a ride, the engine turned over and ran for about a second then died. I added a little choke, repeated, and it did the same thing again. After that, it wouldn't fire at all (despite my incessant efforts). It sounds like I'm still getting pretty good juice from the battery.

I pulled the plugs, and they were quite wet. Not sure if that's the problem, or a result of me trying to start it for so long. I cleaned them up a bit and dried them the best I could, but the bike still wouldn't start after I put them back on. I just realized that I didn't try starting with the plug pulled to see if they were firing at all, but I may give that a shot later tonight or tomorrow.

I still have a hunch it's the plugs, but don't know if I should be looking at something else, or if it is the plugs if anyone has tips for cleaning, drying, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts