Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has a wet clutch and full reservoir. I rode hwy for a long ways in 5th then tried to down shift and the foot lever would not move. I pumped the clutch and still nothing. Miles later traffic forced me to slow to about 20 mph and it started to function as normal. Seems fine now. ???

I run Motul synthetic. The clutch has never slipped. Clutch reservoir is full, no leaks. It's never done this before.

Please provide any input as to what might be going on.

Thank you,
Billy

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I would pull the left cover and check the arm where it engages the shift drum. There is an adjustment to center it.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Has it ever fallen over on the left hand side? I've seen the gear lever bent in such a way that it hooks onto the tag on the sidestand where the spring attaches - that lets the lever shift up gears, but fouls the lever when trying to shift down.

big

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigiain said:
Has it ever fallen over on the left hand side? I've seen the gear lever bent in such a way that it hooks onto the tag on the sidestand where the spring attaches - that lets the lever shift up gears, but fouls the lever when trying to shift down.

big
Well the lever is not physically bent at all, but yes :-[, it's been on both sides. So far the problem has not reoccurred. I hope it was a one-time thing.

Do certain oils/brands tend to have physical attributes such as gears tend to bind more so than w/ other oils/brands? Motul should be the shiite.

Thanks Big & Ducpainter

ps My tank still looks great Frosty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts