Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questions - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questions

How active is the ducati club out there? Im living in Santa Monica California and have some work in austin, and am curious how much you guys hang out, how the riding is, etc. We have a great group here and meet once a week atleast, and ill miss that. Im hoping it will be cool in austin as well.

Also, what is the nearest track, MSR in houston? or TWS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 AM

Re: Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questions

and there's apparently a new track being built in Slidell too, so 3 within a distance...

the Dallas crew is probably the most social of the three groups at the moment as they seem to be able to get together at least once or twice a month for riding and just general hanging out, the Austin and Houston crews aren't quite as active (or not as active as you would be used to), but it only takes one person to start something up...

that said, the people are great (as you would expect in the south!)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Re: Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questions

yeah, if we had someone that was pushing for weekly meets that might get things going (in Austin) Right now I live about 30-40 minutes outside of town. I will be moving to Southwest Austin later this year, so I will only be 15 minutes away from downtown- and more likely to meet up for bike nights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Re: Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questi

I know as soon as I get my bike fixed / running on a consistent basis I will definitely be leading the charge for the Austin Monster group to become more active

I'm a member with several other bike organizations / groups here in town, but as one can safely assume, most members are of the cruiser crowd...

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just I enjoy a much more spirited ride than they can / are willing to provide...and no, I don't mean riding like a demon from hell with his balls on fire...just fun jaunts in the hills [think 'The Pace']

"Ride like there's no tomorrow...and there will be no tomorrow"
[although I have to remind myself of this almost on a daily basis]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 03:31 PM

Re: Former Houstonian living in cali considering moving to austin, riding questi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDogg
I know as soon as I get my bike fixed / running on a consistent basis I will definitely be leading the charge for the Austin Monster group to become more active

well then, we need to get your bike fixed ASAP! actually, for you Austin folks, you REALLY need to go meet up with Fai over at Ming's Cafe. Fai will ride ANYWHERE almost ANYTIME (especially once the restaurant gets settled in)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Here in Austin we have it going on at times. Right now with the generally crappy and unpredicable weather it's been awhile since we've gotten together for a good ride, but we meet up fairly often through the riding season. Definitely give a shout when you are in town!

the reflectors kinda slid off on a hot day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode