M696 ABS installed new battery and now error 0005 rsw - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

M696 ABS installed new battery and now error 0005 rsw

Hey all! I have a 2013 696 ABS that has been mostly trouble free. After this winter it wouldn't start at all, so I just went through the excitement of taking off the gas tank and putting in a new battery.

The menu lights up now, which is great, but when I push the starter it dies, reboots, and gives me error code 0005 RSW. Cycling through the menu then gives me a "Hi battery" error.

Any idea what's up? I am going to trickle the battery overnight in case I got a weak one, but I don't think that's the case.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE

I trickled the new battery until the Tender light turned green.

Now when I push the starter button, the menu doesn't crash/reset. It stays on while the bike makes what I'd call a quiet electrical noise and nothing else. It doesn't get to the point of struggling to turn over. Just a light whirring sound.

No more error codes, and the menu says the battery is at 12.2.

Any help at all would be most appreciated. Thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

BIG UPDATE

The "light electrical" whirring noise that I hear when I push the starter is the exact same noise that the bike makes when you first turn the key and the menu powers up. So whatever it's doing then is what it's stuck trying to do when I push the starter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:14 PM

Garage
I think the sound you are hearing is the fuel pump. I would start looking at the starter relays and wiring for the starter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:05 PM

Cksnffr,
How did you fix the issue? i also have the exact same issue, the battery was dead so i put in a new battery then i get this start up sound and then it will show this same error code 0005 rsw. Can you please reply? on what you did ?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:37 PM

Exclamation Error 0005 rsw

Cksnffr,
How did you fix the issue? i also have the exact same issue, the battery was dead so i put in a new battery then i get this start up sound and then it will show this same error code 0005 rsw. Can you please reply? on what you did ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode