acceleration issues Monster 796 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

acceleration issues Monster 796

Hi guys,

Recently took my bike out for a short ride few times ( approx 150km total).
When I accelerate in the 1 gear it runs pretty good, not as fast as I would imagine thought. This was kind of a disappointment for me. Nevertheless, when I change to 2 or 3 gear and full throttle, it makes a strange noise from the engine and just not making more than 6000-6500 revs, barely making to 75 mph top speed.
The sound it makes during acceleration is like a pan cover jumping from a steam. ( this is the best I can describe it, sorry)
I will try to make a video tomorrow.

Few days ago I had valve compression check. The top valve has compression 8.5 (the one right under the gas tank). Didnít check the other one.

I have changed fuel filter today, the old one was full of dirt. The air barely pass through it. It makes bike run a bit faster, but didnít sort out the main issue with acceleration.
By the way there was some dirt in the tank. Service man was confused to see it, he says that normaly with plastic tank you shouldnít have any dirt in there. The old fuel filter and plastic clamp change color from white to orange.

to be mentioned: DP ECU, DP air-filter and Arrow slip-ons installed.

Last edited by Suren; 03-29-2019 at 07:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

acceleration issues Monster 796

Unfortunately I couldnít make a proper video because my phone mount is broken. I will try to make video with revs display today.
However I forgot to turn off camera, and now I have the sound of the bike it makes during acceleration on 2-3 gear.

As soon as it hits 6000-7000 revs on 2-3 gear and make this strange sound.

00- 0:10 first gear
0:10 - 0:16 second gear
0:16 - 0:22 third gear

Please use the link below for the video. ( there is no picture because phone was in my pocket )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_v6...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by Suren; 03-29-2019 at 09:50 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:19 PM

sounds like clogged fuel injectors. try running a can of bg fuel injector cleaner and opening it up on the highway.i would clean out the entire fuel system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode