Trying to compile my own Termignoni full exhaust - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By stupidwhitecat

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Trying to compile my own Termignoni full exhaust

Just picked up a bone stock 07' S2R 800. First mod planned is exhaust of course. I am dead set on the carbon termignoni cans. Of course you cannot get a complete exhaust from them anymore. I have been looking at some of the aftermarket mid-pipes available (arrow and marving) and wondering if they would be compatible with the termi slip ons? Any one have any real world experience? Thanks.

'07 Ducati Monster S2R 800
'05 Triumph Bonneville T100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 07:44 PM

Garage
I canít speak for the mid pipes, but I can recommend the Termi slip-ones for sure. I had the dealer install the whole kit - inclusive of the ECU flash, air filter, and slip ons. Also got it re-geared for more low end torque. Itís a completely different bike now, and it sounds WAY better with the Termis.

I wouldnít bother with the dB killers btw. They completely kill the sound and performance.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 PM

Garage
Have you looked at the full arrow setups? They're still available in carbon fiber, and have removable db-killers so you can kind of use as you want. Heh.

Seems to me that these are mainly for sound. I've not seen a whole lot of proof of any true gains, and the same is true of db-killers removing power. I've ever heard the reverse, because they add more back pressure.. It's only a really choked output that can actually reduce engine power, and it's the kind of thing that wouldn't be subtle or even very easy to obtain.

If a complete throughput of exhaust meant more power, then a lot of people wouldn't bother to use anything.

Maybe some things to think about..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidwhitecat View Post
Just picked up a bone stock 07' S2R 800. First mod planned is exhaust of course. I am dead set on the carbon termignoni cans. Of course you cannot get a complete exhaust from them anymore. I have been looking at some of the aftermarket mid-pipes available (arrow and marving) and wondering if they would be compatible with the termi slip ons? Any one have any real world experience? Thanks.
Arrow midpipes are just for cans from what I have seen. Marving, Spark and Ducati Performance (Termi rebranded) where some that used to be available. I am not sure what you can find now. On my S2R800 I had the Ducati Performance headers to Termi slip ons. It made a full system. In my opinion the Ducati Performance headers were the best because they didn't reuse any of the stock exhaust pipe.

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Yes, if I could find one of those in good condition that would be ideal. I don't like the joint from the "header" to the mid pipe. There was a leak in the stock system at the front cylinder header to mid pipe joint when I bought the bike. The gasket failed so I temp sealed with high temp rtv until I decide what way to go with the exhaust.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidwhitecat View Post
Yes, if I could find one of those in good condition that would be ideal. I don't like the joint from the "header" to the mid pipe. There was a leak in the stock system at the front cylinder header to mid pipe joint when I bought the bike. The gasket failed so I temp sealed with high temp rtv until I decide what way to go with the exhaust.
979A00105 was the Ducati part number if you can find one.

2007 Ducati S4RT
2006 Ducati S2R800 [sold]
My YouTube Videos - S2R800 & S4RT exhaust vids
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
979A00105 was the Ducati part number if you can find one.
Persistence pays off !!!!! Found a new in box Ducati performance kit with full Termignoni exhaust and open air box (no ECU-making a new post about this) in Europe. Just have the silencers on for now. Once I figure out the ECU situation I will install the open air box and de-cat pipes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180114_151448.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	212905  
Heath and breaddrink like this.

Last edited by stupidwhitecat; 01-14-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode