DTC Not on Menu - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ned673

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

DTC Not on Menu

Hi Guys, Maybe you can help a newbie out. Purchased a 2013 796 ABS, brand new. Did a tail chop at the dealer a few weeks ago, and just realized that DTC does not appear on the menu. Called the dealer and they never experienced that. I'm not very technically inclined, but my brain tells me the dealer must have not connected something when installing the fender eliminator kit. Any insight on this? Any of you ever experience this? Once again, The Disable DTC does NOT appear when I scroll through the menu. It goes from ABS to Time Set. Maybe there's a reset that can be done?
Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 09:38 AM

I didn't know that 796's had DTC. Mine was a 2012 which definitely did NOT have DTC. A quick search does not show any info about DTC on a 796... Sorry but I think you might be mistaken about your bike actually having DTC. Is it listed on the manual? Maybe it's a generic 696/796/1100 manual and only the 1100 has the DTC.
Bub likes this.

2009 1100S Termi slip-ons, hi-comp pistons
2012 M796 (Tree'd)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 09:56 AM

The 796 never had DTC - it was introduced on the 1100 Evo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Ha! I must be looking at the Ducati site so often that I assumed DTC was part of the ABS package. The manual does say ABS-DTC, but as you pointed out, that might be a copy/paste issue from one manual to the other.
Thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pask1971 View Post
Hi Guys, Maybe you can help a newbie out. Purchased a 2013 796 ABS, brand new. Did a tail chop at the dealer a few weeks ago, and just realized that DTC does not appear on the menu. Called the dealer and they never experienced that. I'm not very technically inclined, but my brain tells me the dealer must have not connected something when installing the fender eliminator kit. Any insight on this? Any of you ever experience this? Once again, The Disable DTC does NOT appear when I scroll through the menu. It goes from ABS to Time Set. Maybe there's a reset that can be done?
Thanks Guys
I have the same issue... except I have an 1100 evo which is supposed to have that. The previous owner put a power commander V on it which is the only thing I can think of that has something to do with it.

2012 Monster 1100 Evo
Termi stainless slip-ons
Power Commander V, tune by Redline in Yorktown
14T sprocket
Rizoma mirrors
Rizoma grips
Rizoma levers
Rizoma fluid reservoirs
HID low beam
EBC Contour rotors / HH sintered pads
Evap Canister delete
Stebel Nautilus Horn
Tail tidy

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:49 PM

I just purchased a 2012 1100 evo. Rode it once so far. I was going thru the menu and noticed there's NO dtc listed. dtc icon is on my dash but not in my menu. Menu goes from ABS to Set time clock. Is this an ECU problem? I would like to try the dtc modes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode