Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

DTC Not on Menu

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rdlemler 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, Maybe you can help a newbie out. Purchased a 2013 796 ABS, brand new. Did a tail chop at the dealer a few weeks ago, and just realized that DTC does not appear on the menu. Called the dealer and they never experienced that. I'm not very technically inclined, but my brain tells me the dealer must have not connected something when installing the fender eliminator kit. Any insight on this? Any of you ever experience this? Once again, The Disable DTC does NOT appear when I scroll through the menu. It goes from ABS to Time Set. Maybe there's a reset that can be done?
Thanks Guys :(

#2 ·
I didn't know that 796's had DTC. Mine was a 2012 which definitely did NOT have DTC. A quick search does not show any info about DTC on a 796... Sorry but I think you might be mistaken about your bike actually having DTC. Is it listed on the manual? Maybe it's a generic 696/796/1100 manual and only the 1100 has the DTC.

Reactions: Bub
#5 ·
I have the same issue... except I have an 1100 evo which is supposed to have that. The previous owner put a power commander V on it which is the only thing I can think of that has something to do with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.