Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

2009 Monster 1100S Key issue, how do you re program the key?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Prenet 
#1 ·
I have my key code card with the 5 digit security code on it.

When I bought the bike it only came with 1 OEM key which required me to punch in the code every time before riding. I bought a Ducati OEM key blank from Pandora motorsports which cost me $90 (it has the microship in it). I had it cut and it works in the ignition.

I place the key in the ignition and hold in the up position the MODE button and turn the bike on. It then displays PROGRAM and asks for the 5 digit code. I input the code. I turn the ignition off and then back on. It then says REPRO and does a quick 30 to zero count down for key 1. After that nothing happens.

Need help in re programming both keys for my 2009 Monster 1100S. I have 2 black keys with chips and the code card.

Anyone out there that can guide me?

PLEASE ADVISE

I searched youtube and this forum but no key programming for the 2009 Monster 1100S.

See less See more
#2 ·
hope this helps Service Menu
The instrument panel has a service menu, which must be used only by the dealer if necessary.
To enter the service menu, hold the switch (1) in position A “s” while simultaneously turning the key switch from Off to On.
Notes
Within this “MENU” all other functions are excluded and motorcycle starting is disabled.

At this point pressing switch (1) in position A “s“ or B “t“ will cycle through the display functions.
After having made the required changes, turn the key switch from “ON” to “OFF” ro save the new settings in memory.
The new parameter settings will be applied at the next Key-On.
The menu contains two functions:
Immobilizer reprogramming (00000 PRO);
units of measurement setting displayed (UNIT SET).
Reprogramming the immobilizer
This function is for reprogramming the immobilizer system in the event of loss or damage to one or both of the keys.
To display this function, go into the service menu and select the page “0000 COD”.
On entering this page, the initial code is always displayed as “00000”. If you press the switch (1) in position B “t” for 3 seconds, you will access the procedure for entering the electronic code given on the Code Card.
Entering the code:
the first digit on the left flashes;
each time you press the switch in position B “t”, the number increases cyclically in steps of one digit every second;
if you press the switch in position A “s”, you can set the second digit, which will start flashing. Each time you press the switch in position B “t”, the number increases cyclically in steps of one digit every second;
If you press the switch in position A “s”, you can set the third digit, which will start flashing. Each time you press the switch in position B “t”, the number increases cyclically in steps of one digit every second;
if you press the switch in position A “s”, you can set the fourth digit, which will start flashing. Each time you press the switch in position B “t”, the number increases cyclically in steps of one digit every second;
if you press the switch in position A “s”, you can set the fifth digit, which will start flashing. Each time you press the switch in position B “t”, the number increases cyclically in steps of one digit every second;
press in position A “s” to confirm the code.
At this point, if the code was entered incorrectly, the display will show the initial code “00000”. There is no limit to the number of times the code may be entered incorrectly.
If the code has been entered correctly, the “COD” and the code entered will flash simultaneously; at this point, it is necessary to turn the key switch to Off.
From this moment on, the immobilizer system is waiting to be reprogrammed with the new key (or keys); at the next Key-On, reprogramme the keys using the procedure described in “Programming the Immobilizer”.

Notes
At this stage, the immobilizer system will immobilize the engine until the keys have been reprogrammed.
Loss of the Code Card
Without knowing the electronic code on the CODE CARD, it is impossible to:
reprogramme the immobilizer system in the event of loss of one or both of the keys;
temporarily override the immobilizer in the event of a fault.
To restore the entire system to full operation, it is necessary to renew the KEY SET (2 black keys + new CODE CARD) and the instrument panel, and therfore programme the immobilizer again.
Loss of one key
After purchasing a new key, perform the Reprogramming procedure (by entering the code shown on the CODE CARD) with the new key and the remaining key.
Loss of both keys
After purchasing two new keys, perform the Reprogramming procedure (by entering the code shown on the CODE CARD) with the new keys.
Renewal of the instrument panel
After purchasing the new instrument panel, perform the normal “Programming” procedure for the immobilizer system.
Renewing the instrument panel after renewing one or both of the keys
In this case, if you want the immobilizer to be fully functional, before programming the immobilizer, first renew the KEY SET as well (2 black keys + new CODE CARD).
If the new instrument panel is programmed with the keys previously renewed, it will be possible to start the motorcycle but the electronic code shown on the CODE CARD will no longer enable you to:
reprogramme the immobilizer system in the event of loss of one or both of the keys;
temporarily override the immobilizer in the event of a fault.
Special settings (vehicle model and units of measurement)
This function allows you to select the units of measurement displayed on the instrument panel.
The ECU automatically communicates to the instrument panel the motorcycle model and the units of measurement to be used on the display: to change these parameters, go into the “Service Menu ” and select the “UNIT SET” function. Now press switch (1) in position B “t” for 3 seconds.
Each time you press switch (1) in position B “t”, the instrument panel scrolls through the following sequence of options, which flash on the display:

Units of measurement
COUNTRY

Speed

Coolant temperature

Counters
EU

km/h

°C

km
EN

Mph

°C

miles
USA

Mph

°F

miles
CND

km/h

°C

km
FRA

km/h

°C

km
JAP

km/h

°C

km
ECU ld.

The instrument configures the unit of measurement parameters in accordance with information relayed from the ECU
If you press switch (1) in position B “t” for 3 seconds, the option currently displayed will be saved to memory and the word “MEM” will appear. The new parameter setting will applied at the next Key-On.

#5 ·
New spare key programming

Thanks for posting the video! [clap] It worked with my 09' 1100. After I programed my new spare key I called 2 local Stealerships to see how much it would cost if they did it. Both Stealerships quoted me around $50 to do a task that didn't require any special tools or computer equipment; I wouldn't call myself mechanically inclined or super computer literate and it took me less than 5 minutes to do the task. [laugh]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.