Bad fuel pump (wiring) on '06 S2R 1000.. - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Bad fuel pump (wiring) on '06 S2R 1000..

Hi All,

Has anyone had a problem with the fuel pump on a similar bike? Brought it in to the shop after the bike quit on me a few times and finally would not re-start. They say it is the wiring that is part of the fuel pump assembly and can not be fixed; just replaced. The entire assembly is $1100(!?!?) and only comes from Italy... does anyone know of another source for this part? Anyone parting out an S2R 1K. Ideas/comments/suggestions?

Thanks

Pierre (FLMonsterS2R1K)

Black/White 2006 Monster S2R 1000; removed: stock cans and just about everything else I could
Previous: Red 2004 Monster 1000s; 2002 Monster 620 Dark
Monsters of the Treasure Coast & Palm Beaches
Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro

Last edited by FLMonster1K; 04-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 PM

It seems like a broken wire should be repairable, you can even get a pump at Desmo Times for $150 so there are options other than replacing the whole assembly. Did the dealer show you where it's broken?

&quot;Balls,&quot; I said. &quot;Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers.&quot;<br /><br />&quot;And what do you do?&nbsp; I mean, do you just ride around?&nbsp; Or do you go on some sort of a picnic or something.&quot;
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

The bad wire is inside the actual assembly and can not be accessed, or at least not in a safe way to be worth putting back inside the gas tank and feeling good about it.

Black/White 2006 Monster S2R 1000; removed: stock cans and just about everything else I could
Previous: Red 2004 Monster 1000s; 2002 Monster 620 Dark
Monsters of the Treasure Coast & Palm Beaches
Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Follow up? Pump Wire

So my dealer called me last week and I had this exact issue come up. They said they had /can replace the wire in the pump and also mentioned the price of a new pump was 1,000-1,100. Same exact story and same make/year of bike.

I am still waiting to pick it up but was curious to your outcome

FYI - CA California Cycle Works sells one for 149.00 and they say is exact spec to the OEM unit. The pump and plate etc..

Here is the link {there is also a high pressure version for the racing bike}:
http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/ca-cycl...ump-fuel-pumps

Last edited by trackermi; 04-25-2011 at 09:42 AM.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 AM

I have the same problem on my 2007 S2R 1000! it appears to be the wiring in the flange assembly NOT the pump it self!! I was also told the fix is an entire new assembly for$1100. Does anyone know if the flange assembly can be dismantles and the faulty wire replaced, it appears to be held together by small circular clips that may be damaged when pried off!
any comments would be appreciated :-)

Wish List: More Carbon, clip-ons, rear set
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Just got a call as well for my 2006 S2R, want to throw up after getting that call and doing my 6k maintenance too lol I'm not sure what to do, $1100 and wait...

&quot;PC Load Letter? what the f#@k does that mean??&quot;
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:10 PM

Picked up an entire pump/flange assembly off a 2006 696 same part! works great :-)

Wish List: More Carbon, clip-ons, rear set
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM

checked ebay and found 2 listed, 1 was $725 and the other $279 for 2007 S2R1000 with 2200mi. I bought it right on the spot and have to call the dealership where my bike is and hopefully they will agree to install the used part. I'm crossing my fingers! Thanks for the help, much appreciated!!

&quot;PC Load Letter? what the f#@k does that mean??&quot;
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 03:54 PM

The fuel pump wires are epoxy potted in the fuel level sensor assembly, it is this part that you are being quoted for. I have heard of the epoxy being dug out and re-potted.

capo di tutti capi
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM

fuel pump

Just repaired '07 S4rs, would start and idle(poorly), very little power. Checked fuel pressure, was 15 psi, should be 45. Removed pump and found plastic fuel filter had cracked at seam, replaced with metal NAPA gold filter. Pressure where it should be and running great. Don't see any reason why wiring could not be repaired. Aftermarket pumps are available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode