Lost Your Red Key & Code Card?? Here is Info for you - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Lost Your Red Key & Code Card?? Here is Info for you

Thank you for contacting Ducati North America.

I'm sorry to learn that you did not receive the red key or the code card with your Ducati. Please keep in mind that without code card you will not be able to bypass the immobilizer in the event of a no-start situation and will need to replace the dash, lockset, and ECU. Furthermore, without a red key, you will also need to replace the same three components in order to make additional black keys. Ducati does not keep the records on file to make replacement keys for a bike based on the VIN or mechanical code. We strongly encourage you to contact the previous owner in hopes that he is able to locate these items.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or an Authorized Ducati Dealership. To find an Authorized Ducati Dealership, please visit www.ducatiusa.com and click on "Dealer Locator".

Best regards,

Customer Service

Ducati North America

10443 Bandley Drive
Cupertino, CA 95014

www.ducatiusa.com
Tel: (40 253-0499 x4411
Fax: (40253-4099

Richie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Is this guy for real?? If it is, it may be worth looking into for people who lost or bought one without a red key.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUCATI-MONSTER-7...QQcmdZViewItem
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 05:01 AM

hi
found this forum by chance would just like to say i can help any one with lost code cards and lost keys inc red
thanks for ur time
Ps was looking for info on how to manualy programm keys with red keys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecu-master View Post
hi
found this forum by chance would just like to say i can help any one with lost code cards and lost keys inc red
thanks for ur time
Ps was looking for info on how to manualy programm keys with red keys
I need help
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:36 PM

Hi

How can I help
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
How can I help
since u asked: i have the red key and 2 black keys. but i have no code card, and no code. previous owner says he never had one. dealer he purchased the bike from says they have no info for me and cannot help. do u know how to determine the correct code for the bike somehow? bike is a 2005 M1000s.

thanks.

fight for freedom...defeat the 'Patriot' Act NOW!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 AM

If u send me ur clocks will get pin for u no Pob
And as u are the first person to use me from this forum will do for free u just pay p&p
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
And as u are the first person to use me from this forum will do for free u just pay p&p
too much time and effort involved. but thank you anyways.

fight for freedom...defeat the 'Patriot' Act NOW!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 AM

Your my only hope

Quote:

I'm hoping I could get a piece of the action.

I have unfortuently lost my red key and code card, but I do have two black keys.

I am hoping that you can help me out and clone me a RED KEY or deactivate the immobilizer for free, plus p&p.

Thank you so much

Alan
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 PM

Only a black key

I have a 2004 M800ie with only a black key. I got a blank and took it to a local locksmith. They duplicated the key and cut the blank. It worked fine. Cloning the black keys works. I even got the locksmith to write down the key codes that she read from the machine. There were two of them. I'm not sure what encoding scheme they use that has two codes.

I do not know what situation requires a red key unless it is to reenable a locked security system. I have been told (or read) that the red key enables you to make new black keys using the bike electronics.

To get new blanks or get your black key cloned by mail visit www.allmotorcyclekeys.com. Located in Maine, USA. Jim has been helpful and is an interesting person to speak with. My key was $15 US and still is.

There is another situation that I don't like. A person started my bike with my mechanical key that does not have a transponder. He used a device that he called a 'zapper'. He turned the mechanical key in the lock and triggered the zapper. It started the bike several times over a few days with only the first try not working. The 'zapper' was not his and got returned to the owner. I was not allowed to ask who that was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode