starting problem and did my foam earplug really fix it? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

starting problem and did my foam earplug really fix it?

After 1/2 hour of riding i stopped and shut off my bike to open a couple of vents on my jacket. When i tried to start it back up the headlight came on but the fuel pump did not buzz and the starter would not turn. I hit the starter button a couple more times and still nothing.
I checked my fuses to see if one had gotten loose and the 30 amp blue fuse seemed to have a bit of a wriggle to it compared to the others so i pushed it down and hit the starter button and it started right up.
I always carry an extra set of the disposable earplugs with me so i carefully put one on top of the fuse and put the top of the fuse box back on and rode the bike another 80 miles with 2 stops and restarts and everything appeared to be fine .
Now i'm not sure if this was the actual problem or could it be something else that will really leave me stranded. Has anyone had this problem before ? The bike is a 00 900 S model with Original battery , starter , etc.

2000 monster 900� fun� <br />2000 gezzer glide�&nbsp; cruising<br />2002 yamaha 250�&nbsp; dirt&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; no longer here<br />honda rebel 250� � � dmv loaner bike&nbsp; no longer here<br />1984 kawi 175 enduro ..... alive and kicking<br />1985 special construction hog<br />1981 yami virago 1000<br />yami 650 special 11<br />suki gt380
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 02:01 PM

Re: starting problem and did my foam earplug really fix it?

I've got a '99 M750 that loves to rattle the battery connectiongs & the like loose. Runs fine, turn it off & on occasion, you have to raise the tank & tighten everything back up ~

JM
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:17 PM

Could be the fuse itself has cracked or something, so it needs to be held in place.

Or the little clips/contacts that the fuse blades engage with have a problem.

Try troubleshooting it with a brand new fuse, see if it wiggles.

Nick<br />'02 S4 -&nbsp; Testa Rossa Scorta - Cherrybomb Cans..FIM ECU..Barnett basket..SBK Velocity Stacks<br />Mag Marchesinis..3X BrakeTech Iron..Brembo 4-pads..RaceTech G/V's..Ohlins 46PRCS<br />C'Cat Bars..Yoyodyne Slave..CRG L/S's and Black Shorties..Zumo550<br />'99 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 - 16t front sprocket...Euro blinkers...TKC 80's...OEM W heads&nbsp; :P<br />[size=8pt] Captivated by her beauty | I knew it was my lifelong duty | - Mike Ness[/size]<br />[size=8pt]Flight Motorcycle Corp. Hired Gun.[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

i haven't had a chance to inspect it since i got back from the ride but i will check it out. I guess i'm more worried that it could be something else that will strand me. thanks for the input guys.

2000 monster 900� fun� <br />2000 gezzer glide�&nbsp; cruising<br />2002 yamaha 250�&nbsp; dirt&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; no longer here<br />honda rebel 250� � � dmv loaner bike&nbsp; no longer here<br />1984 kawi 175 enduro ..... alive and kicking<br />1985 special construction hog<br />1981 yami virago 1000<br />yami 650 special 11<br />suki gt380
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode