Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Fuel tank support rod: LOL!!!

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  MSeven 
#1 ·
This thing doesn't even work!!! What a joke.

What do you use to keep the tank up without falling?

Rocky

G
#2 ·
Mine works fine. It took me a while to figure it out though. If you lift your tank pretty high, you should be about to put it right behind the curve in the bottom of the tank. I don't think that made sense. Unfortunately I can't find a picture to show you.

#3 ·
Well, after the fifth time I knocked into the 'tank stand' & dropped the &*%#$$@^ tank on the backs of my hands, I bent up a little 'Z' shaped piece of aluminium that pinches the end of the stand & cradles the tank seam, wrapped in electric tape to avoid scratching; I keep it in the alleged 'under-seat storage' compartment. Not elegant, but functional.

G

#12 ·
I used a garden tool that is used for digging up roots/weeds. I had already put a tank of fresh gas in before needing to get to my battery so elevating the tank at a 45 degree angle was all I could do without having fuel run out. The tool worked like a charm and I totally did an attagirl dance for being so handy. :)

G
#9 ·
Mine holding a bag of trash in my trash can. I like my hands too much, from the start did not trust it so I run a piece of wire from the tank hold down(pointing up, not down) to the seat lock cross member. Works great tank full or empty and the tank won't guillatine your fingers until you remove the wire. If you like the excitement remember don't bump anything and if you do move quick it's your finger you could save! :eek:

#11 ·
I now use a freak'n 2x4! I should have used one from the beginning. Three hand smashes and a bent rod later I wised up. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.