Anybody there? - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Anybody there?

This subforum seems pretty quiet. Wondering if anyone is still active on the forums? 821 forums seem pretty scarce on activity, even on ducati.org.

Just picked up my M821 last week and have been itching to find some good roads. Previously had an 899 Panigale that I couldn't take out for longer rides.

Anyhow, hoping to find some fellow monster riders for a group ride or just recommendations on where to go?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

No, nobody's there.

I used to be a SoCal monster rider, but I moved to NH a few years ago.

If you're not a member already, join DOCSD; they organize on their Facebook page, and have rides and bike nights and so on.

PhilB

1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (265,000 miles, killed by minivan 30Oct17) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
No, nobody's there.

I used to be a SoCal monster rider, but I moved to NH a few years ago.

If you're not a member already, join DOCSD; they organize on their Facebook page, and have rides and bike nights and so on.

PhilB
Bummer! How's NH treating you? I'll check out DOCSD.. wonder if the DOCLA group is active as well..

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianKeith View Post
Bummer! How's NH treating you? I'll check out DOCSD.. wonder if the DOCLA group is active as well..

Thanks for the info!
There are probably multiple owners clubs in LA. I'd bet that there is an Orange County Ducati Owners Club as well. Pick whichever suits you best.
Forums like this are good for information and some networking, and for making contacts if you're traveling somewhere.
But I've generally found that local DOCs are the best bet for actually meeting people, going riding, and local events.
I'm a member of at least 5 of them around the country.

NH is treating me well; my wife and I are glad we moved. It is kind of a bummer putting the bike away for 3 or 4 months each year, but it's worth it for a variety of reasons. Including the beautiful riding for the rest of the year. I'm actually riding more miles per year here -- in SoCal I generally rode between 10K and 12K miles per year; in NH it's varied between 10K and 18K miles per year.

PhilB

1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (265,000 miles, killed by minivan 30Oct17) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)

Last edited by philb; 02-23-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode