Poll: BH Ducati or ProItalia for service? - Page 2 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Let us know if you find a good shop!

I'm open to trying new places for the next time my bike needs service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsprZ View Post
any experiences would also be much appreciated.

Just got charged $1000 for a 12k mile service from ProItalia (although the quote over phone was $850) on a M620. Got quoted $917 from BH Ducati over phone.
The FAQ on the MonsterBoard said $550-$700 for 12k service.
I'm Ed Stewart, the service manager for Pro Italia, and I would like to provide a more complete picture.

This customer's service totaled $966.83, not $1,000. He had called for a quote when our old labor rate was in effect, and brought in his bike after the new rate went into effect. Since I can't change the rate on the computer, we didn't charge him for any of the 7 shims used ($109.85 in free shims).

We also successfully diagnosed a turn signal malfunction that another repair facility had not only failed to diagnose, but had charged him for. This took more than an hour and we did not charge the owner a penny. We also sold him a K&N air filter for well below our cost when we didn't have a stock paper filter due to unavailability from Ducati. The total value of free parts, goodwill labor and parts discount was about $260.00 on this job.

We realize that a major service is a substantial amount of money. We strive to provide both a job well done and good value for all of our customers.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Keep up the good work Ed, never had any problems with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

I called for a quote on a Wednesday. Dropped off my bike the next day, only to find labor rates went up $20. Overnight change or miss-informed? I dont like surprises, especially not in my wallet near the tune of $200.

When I paid to pick up my bike, I was told a technician had given it a 6 mile test-ride. But when I started up the bike on the street, the odometer had not changed. It was past 6pm and the shop was already closed so I did not go back in. Couple days later I noticed my brake fluid reservoir did not show any sign of fluid, so I wonder if it was topped off? Also, the engine sounds different after I picked it up from Pro Italia compared to times when I picked up the bike after service at BH Ducati. I dont know which one is right, so I'm left wondering and taking my chances.

I really wanted to have a good first experience at Pro Italia, but I have to say it was a rough start for me. I take care of my toys and dont mind paying the bills to maintain it, but I expect at least a sense of consistency in pricing and quality of work. I keep wondering if I should go back to Pro Italia to get my concerns addressed, but my work is busy and the wrench in my garage seems to be the more cost- and time-efficient way to work out any minor kinks. A big thumbs-up to Bill Nation though, the owner of Pro Italia, for personally greeting my girlfriend and I while browsing through his shop.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 10:22 AM

Any other recommendations?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

bump.... bump...
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 PM

74 - ProItalia has a point program, 1 point for every $1 spent, which means you would get some credit for that $1300 you just dropped. Go back, registered and claim your points, at least you will get something out of it when you buy your next accessory.

PI charges 119 per hr for service which is twice more than a non-Italian (don't know about BMW but they are probably expensive too) shop. I guess that's the price of ownership.

Interesting thing, I recently bought an owners manual from PI and online the manual listed at $76. Went to the shop and paid only $56. Don't know if there is a walkin price and an online price.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to ScottJon Send a message via Yahoo to ScottJon
my .02

i had a service done at Pro Italia about a month ago.
its never cheapest at a dealer, but i have to say they were prompt ( I had an appointment), they did everything they said they would do, cost was a couple (just a few) dollars LESS than they originally told me and were super nice.

I have been riding for 30 years, but I am new to Ducati, they gave me some tips on maintenance since i wasn't used to a bike with a chain drive. adjusted a couple of nuisance items for free.

I honestly did not mind paying for this service. I felt like a valued customer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode