mags is out of the hopsickle! - Page 6 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to derby
Re: mags is being admitted to st. john's in santa monica

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucazuma
...cool, so you're Bruce's age

anyhow, glad to know you're back home mags...molds suck but any heart related pathology sucks even more so good for you they ruled out any cardyologic relation to your condition...

...apetite is aways a good sign! so EAT UP!

...on a side note, i thought Italian hospitals were bad at admitting folks but Santa Monica sure beats them all !!

...so long for private insurance...you most certainly would not have had a plasma flat screen in your room, but I'm sure you would have been IN you room much faster ....priorities i guess
wow.... you only misspelled two words and used the correct "you're"... who posted this for you?

[size=10pt]-- derby[/size]<br />[size=7pt]<br />&#039;05 Duc Monster S4R &lt;~~ FOR SALE (click for info)<br /><br />&#039;07 Suz GSX-R750<br />Retired rides: &#039;99 Yam YZF-R1, &#039;98 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;97 Suz GSX-R750, &#039;96 Hon CBR600F3, &#039;94 Hon CBR600F2, &#039;91 Hon Hawk GT, &#039;91 Yam YSR-50, &#039;87 Yam YSR-50<br /><br />click here for info about my avatar<br />[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:00 PM

&quotethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it&#39;s funny bone, <br />that&#39;s where they expect it least&quot;
post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM

Re: mags is out of the hopsickle!

... i had daryl take a look at it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:

... i had daryl take a look at it...
That's actually the new job I had referred to previously - I'm Luca's full-time grammar checker.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
...cool, so you're Bruce's age

anyhow, glad to know you're back home mags...molds suck but any heart related pathology sucks even more so good for you they ruled out any cardyologic relation to your condition...

...apetite is aways a good sign! so EAT UP!

...on a side note, i thought Italian hospitals were bad at admitting folks but Santa Monica sure beats them all !!

...so long for private insurance...you most certainly would not have had a plasma flat screen in your room, but I'm sure you would have been IN you room much faster ....priorities i guess
Yes, long wait, but going to Santa Monica UCLA would have been much much worse.

According to the hospital chief of staff, the hospital was low on available beds for a couple of reasons: 1) shortage of nurses. There are not enough available nurses to comply with the standard of care to fill the beds. Amber, they might be hiring. Second, many of the county and state hospitals are shutting down, forcing people to go the private hospitals.

But it all worked out ok.

Here's the update:

Haven't coughed as much today (the inhaler works!). Still am tachycardiac (high heart rate) and tired, but was told to give the new meds a couple of days to calm my lungs down and probably because I was on much higher dosages of heart calm down meds all weekend. Doc said I should be feeling better overall in 2 days or so. Follow up appointment on Thursday morning with pulmonologist (a fews days out to give meds a chance), but if feel too bad in mean time, am supposed to stop by without an appointment for any reason. The Thursday appointment will include making a long term care plan so we can start narrowing this down and getting me all better!

post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM

sweet...
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags
Here's the update:

Haven't coughed as much today (the inhaler works!). Still am tachycardiac (high heart rate) and tired, but was told to give the new meds a couple of days to calm my lungs down and probably because I was on much higher dosages of heart calm down meds all weekend. Doc said I should be feeling better overall in 2 days or so. Follow up appointment on Thursday morning with pulmonologist (a fews days out to give meds a chance), but if feel too bad in mean time, am supposed to stop by without an appointment for any reason. The Thursday appointment will include making a long term care plan so we can start narrowing this down and getting me all better!
Kick-Ass Mags! Woot!!! Please keep us informed w/your condition.

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery!
--Stu
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 AM

Sorry you had to go through the hospital deal. I know how frusterating it can be when they can't pinpoint the problem.

Hang in there and feel better.
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM

sorry, a little late on the thread. But, I'll play catch-up real quick:

- Oh, no! The hospital? Get well soon!
- HEy!!! Congrats on getting out
- Damn that beard
- I quit smoking, too. Best decision ever. Such a dumb habit. Read "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking."
- Derb, Luca, Daryl...too funny.

Ok. Done.
post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Update:

went back to doc this am. Pulm and cardio both happy. Heart rate is down to 80! Not cleared for activity yet but definitely doing better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode