turning right...why does it seem harder?? - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:25 AM

Re: turning right...why does it seem harder??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlandy
Right handers - are LEFT EYE dominant.

You need to look further to the right, to get the left eye to see where you want to go - try it.

I must be the lucky one then, brcause I am right eye dominant. I think the reason has more to do with the fact that you are controling the throtle and inputs to the direction including corrections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 03:34 PM
s2r05

I think that some folks have problems with right handed turns is the throttle,and maybe also that they are somewhat close to the ground as in the case of the guys with clip ons.I know that when I have ridden bikes with tall handlebars I did not have a problem.When I rode with clip ons the same corners scared the heck out of me.I found relaxing and being in tune with the machine and not riding above ones own abilities works best.Slow down relax and enjoy............kinda like getting laid.
Pete.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 10:50 PM

With me it has nothing to do with the throttle! I notice the same thing when I'm on the slopes skiing and boarding, and on my Mt. Bike. Shit I even feel uneasy drifting the Jeep on dirt mountain roads going into right hand turns! I have know idea what the hell is wrong with me!!! Maybe my Mom dropped me on my right side or something when I was a baby !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlandy
Right handers - are LEFT EYE dominant.

You need to look further to the right, to get the left eye to see where you want to go - try it.

Untrue. Cameras are set up the way they are because most people are right handed and right eyed.

David B.

Mods: DP Megaphones (Supertrapp), GenMar Bar Risers, Dart Fly Screen, Napolean Baren Bar End Mirrors, Sargent Seat, Ventura Rack System, DML Plate Holder<br /><br />Fried Ice Cream is a Reality<br /><br />&quot;...what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.&quot;&nbsp; Christopher Hitchens
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbeinct
Untrue.* Cameras are set up the way they are because most people are right handed and right eyed.

David B.
Au contrair! I'm right handed and shoot with my left eye. Always have. Your probably right, i may be the exception rather than the rule. I am very left eye dominate. I may be better at right handers, because i dont have the same sense of dread of face planting into an oncomming car headlight I do when making left handed turns.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 AM

Handedness and eye dominance tend to be the same side, but not always.

Cameras, firearms, and other items that requires manipulation and sighting are generally designed so that the controls & sights use the same hand/eye pairing.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshark928
Au contrair! I'm right handed and shoot with my left eye. Always have. Your probably right, i may be the exception rather than the rule. I am very left eye dominate. I may be better at right handers, because i dont have the same sense of dread of face planting into an oncomming car headlight I do when making left handed turns.
Me too, but I hate to tell you, you and I are (minor) freaks. Most people's dominant side is the same for hand, feet, and eyes. And for most it's right.

David B.

Mods: DP Megaphones (Supertrapp), GenMar Bar Risers, Dart Fly Screen, Napolean Baren Bar End Mirrors, Sargent Seat, Ventura Rack System, DML Plate Holder<br /><br />Fried Ice Cream is a Reality<br /><br />&quot;...what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.&quot;&nbsp; Christopher Hitchens
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to ducati culture Send a message via Yahoo to ducati culture

Thats funny.. I think its opostie for me and I am right handed.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM

maybe he's a democrat

&quotethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it&#39;s funny bone, <br />that&#39;s where they expect it least&quot;
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:32 PM

I am left handed and I find it alot easier to lean right than left. I also feel that I can achieve leaner angle on RHS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode