M750 set up help - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

M750 set up help

I love my S4 so much that I just picked up an 01 M750 to race. I have two questions. First has to do with ground clearance. The 750 I picked up has factory foot pegs and low mount arrow slipons. Am I going to be grinding this stuff away?
My second question is about rearsets. In looking at the stock set up I think the only problem is that they stick out so far. If they would come straight down like the SS or 888 I don't think there would be a clearance issue. Does anyone know, or has anyone tried to mount rearset's from an SS or 888 onto a monster?

Thanks GT

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 04:21 AM

Re: M750 set up help

Yes you will grind =).
Monsters have severe clearance issues at the track.

I assume you'll remove the kickstand, so no worries there.

Rearsets will help a lot with clearance, but I'd go with high pipes. While I don't think you will drag the low pipes as most aftermarket low pipes are set far enough back as to not grind like the stockers do. That being said, I like have high pipes for the peace of mind and the little bit extra clearance they give.

After rearsets, you will most likely hit the headers first which will scrape hard and scare the piss out of you. You will need someone to either rework them or get a full system that gives you more clearance.

But the cheapest way to more clearance is to raise the rear ride height and drop the forks as much as you can through the triples. You can raise the rear ride height by backing out heim joints in the suspension hoop. Check out ducatisuite.com for a good instructional. I have done this with my bike and it helps a lot.

G'luck racing! you'll have a blast!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Kevin.

What rearsets do you use?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 08:50 AM

I actually don't have rearsets- didn't want to spring any more dough on a bike I will trade in soon =P

I have heard good things about the S&P ones available through redracingparts.it and motostrano.com

Stuart at Spareshack has a few options too.

Cyclecat are pretty pricey, but it's quality stuff.

Do a google search for ROSMOTO- much cheaper, but I don't know anything about them. I think I may have a photo somewhere of them on a bike- they hike up your legs pretty up and back though.

ANOTHER option (I did a good amount of looking into this) is to use Supersport rearsets or ST rearsets. At Monster Trackday with BCM, my instructor had ST2/4 pegs on his m750 and he said they put the feet in closer and added more clearance. Jeff H. -dictator of the DML- had SS rearsets on his wife's monster, but said they were only comfy for the track.

HTH...

(my current set up- 2001 M600- sil high carbons, RR clipons, 26mm of fork showing about triple clamp, rear hoop extended by 7mm for approx 1"+ of added seat height)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Kevin,

Thank you once again. That is exactly the info I wanted to hear. All the monster stuff that I see puts your feet out almost as wide as the factory pegs. I wanted something like the ss or the 888. Now I know that it can be done.

Thanks again.
Jerry

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 03:04 AM

The Rosmoto rearsets are pretty nice. If you have high mount exhaust it will take some creative engineering to make them work properly (basically just re-routing the brake line, moving the MC to the inside of the rearset, and using the spacers that are supplied). And yes, the foot position is up and back so I also strongly suggest using exhaust wrap. I raced a RS125 for several years and just started racing a Monster and it is a blast (unfortunately down on top end speed). One bonus is I was able to keep running in one of the same classes that I ran the RS in (GTII).

I also have a 2001 M600 with Sil Motor high mount, forks tubes lowered and the clip-ons below the triple clamp with about 30 mm of fork showing, and I have also added about 1" to the ride height.

I'll snap a photo tonight if you want to see the rearsets mounted.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Site Sponsors

SS rearsets:
(sorry i dont have a closer pic handy)

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I raced a RS125 for several years and just started racing a Monster and it is a blast (unfortunately down on top end speed).
My 750 is way faster than what I have been racing. I didn't race for 10 years and when I got back into it I picked up a 1989 Honda CB1. Its small, light, and with 42 stock hp its slow. I did best in the Middle weight sportsman class at Loudon. I actually won a race on the bike in the wet.

I can't wait to get up there with the monster.

If you can send me a picture of the rosmotos that would be great.

Thanks.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 08:48 AM

I'll snap a picture and post tonight.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:11 AM

I've been rocking the ducabike rearsets on my monster 620 track bike. They work well, are durable (I've crashed with them) and they're pretty cheap.
https://motowheels.com/i-6922943-duc...hoC7zgQAvD_BwE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode