I need the flywheel spacer - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

I need the flywheel spacer

I bought* a yoyodyne flywheel and I believe it needs the spacer that goes behind the flywheel to make it fit correctly.* I know Nichols comes with one that some of you may have not used.

If you have one or even just a pic so I can see if it is what I need. It has been one problem after another with this job and I really want to get it done NOW! (4 weeks and counting )

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 10:03 PM

Re: I need the flywheel spacer

I would think it should come with the spacer like the Nichols. Give them a call and ask.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Well ,you would think. Unfortunately my experience with Yoyodyne has been less than positive. The flywheel that is listed for my bike, turned out to be the wrong one and now I have the right one I find I need the spacer. Yoyodyne has a note (on a totally different flywheel) saying 99' may need a 00' spacer from Ducati. Yoyodyne is now not answering my emails after I got upset about them making an unauthorized charge on my credit card.

Hoping someone has one spare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyrex27
Well ,you would think.* Unfortunately my experience with Yoyodyne has been less than positive.* The flywheel that is listed for my bike, turned out to be the wrong one and now I have the right one I find I need the spacer.* Yoyodyne has a note (on a totally different flywheel) saying 99' may need a 00' spacer from Ducati.* Yoyodyne is now not answering my emails after I got upset about them making an unauthorized charge on my credit card.

Hoping someone has one spare.*
i've got a spare. PM me your mailing info and i'll get it in the mail.
surprising to hear about yoyodyne. i've dealt with fred a bunch of times and have always been pleased.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Still looking, if anyone can help. All those flywheel upgrade, someone must have a spacer they didn't use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode