Fuel tank for Monster 1000ie Dark - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Fuel tank for Monster 1000ie Dark

Hey guys,

Already posted this in the Maintenance forum but thought I'd check with the locals also...

I have a 2003 Monster 1000ie Dark which is hard to find parts for, and I need to replace the fuel tank. Does anyone know whether tanks from Monsters of a similar age/model/size etc would also fit, or if I need to find an exact match? Also, are there aftermarket non-Ducati options?

I have enquiries out with a number of local wreckers already, but if anyone has one in good condition (that hasn't had fuel corrode through like mine has) or knows where to find one, I'd super appreciate any info!

Thanks a mill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:32 AM

Hiya Danny,

I've also been looking into this, the ST's have larger capacity tanks which bolt on and they look pretty good too, be careful with earlier Monster tanks as you'll need a fuel pump with same PSI, also there are some GRP tanks on eBay etc but be careful as they can react with ethenol and poor fuel contaminates. If you have the cash, there's a sweet GRP tank for $500 $USD from California which is a blend of Monster and ST/2/3/4 tank which is really nice and the later generation tanks are ethanol treated, bolts on and looks great.

Cheers, Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode