Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread

105K views 737 replies 299 participants last post by  jessica64valerio@gmail.co 
#1 ·
No not me, but I think this ought to be a sticky? so that people could say hi so;
Wachya name:

Wachya ride:

Wachya do?

Wachya think?

Mmick

#2 ·
Re: ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE THREAD

Okay - I'll bite

Name: Deen

Where: Sydney (Rozelle)

Ride: S2R red / white 05 800

Do: Psychologist

Think: Kant can't be right; Howard is definitely wrong (I may as well start by annoying people ;)) and people are funny, fascinating, confused and rarely right (which is all part of their beauty by the way) - but bikes, oh ....  bikes....... they are definitely RIGHT!

Cheers

D
?
:D

#3 ·

hi all,
not new to the monster list, But new to the Aussie link. Hi!
Name Danny

Bike. S4R with mods (that dont work)

Were. Windsor NSW

Do. Plumber. also track days, skiing, a little hunting, moto gp, music, and i do a little charity work for RIDERS FOR HEALTH. I) like to drink a lot of beer.

Think. I think we should ride to pubs, not coffee shops! (OK, I like coffe too) ;D

G
#4 ·

Name: Goldfish a.k.a Nick
Where: Sydney
Ride: Broken M800 (R.I.P) toying with a M1000s now, maybe S2R1000??
Do: Coffee, Eyetalian Food, Play Bass (and some guitar too!), Snow Ski, Bike Accidents, Wreak Havok, Play with Melvins Mind, thread jack, Tpye like a 12 year old ;)
Think: Try not to.... hmmm

Oh yeah, I do Audio Visual things..... and no I cannot tune in your VCR :eek: or debate the merits of a so called HD Plasma vs LCD screen with you ;D OK maybe I can, but you will need to entice me with coffee first.....

Oh mick, I guess this was thread was not intended for me. Can I talk about a ski trip here (just joking, just joking!!)

#8 ·

goldfish said:
we need an admin to do that.
any volunteers??
Hrmmm admin you say? hrmmmmmm.....

#10 ·

monstermick58 said:
Hi I can answer these:

Wachya name: Leanne

Wachya ride: M600 01

Where from: TASMANIA

Wachya do?: Accounting, Admin. , Book Keeping, Mother, Riding my Duc, Maintenance on my bike, some Mods.

Wachya think? I think I should find more girls that ride Monsters ;D ;D

#12 ·

ADMIN!! that means rules and theres already too many rules!!! :mad:

H.D.U. is a bit like going to the virtual pub with a few mates to talk a bit of **** and take the piss. Even though some of us haven't met in the flesh I can still sit here and have a coffee with you guys (gloria jeans caramel arabica ) and throw my bit in so I think thread hijacking is ok as long as it stimulates the conversation.

anyway.....SALTY

Mackay Qld

Do... work..carpentry, joinery, stairs, timber machining in my own business
..Play..touch footy play/ref .. rugby ref .. sailing windsurfers yachts catamarans
and of course monster riding

dislikes... hypocrites..lying pollies..the taxman..loud ads on the tele.. [laugh]

think....live every day as if it could be your last and dont let anybody **** it up

#15 ·

Hmmm, NOT a newbie !

Ride : 2000 M900. Yellow baby ! argh !

Do : Ummm, not sure I can disclose that here ! Oh wait, work wise....kill IBM software, travel. Leisure....ski, surf, ride. Eyetalian food. Political incorrectness.

Think : Hmmm, stalinism is yucky. democracy is a goodie. Espresso rules, all other coffee is ****(no discussion will be entered into). Harley's suck. Las Vegas is Sodom/Gommorha. iPod is yummy. mmmmm, beeer. mmmm, donuts. Foot massage - yep, like it.

#16 ·

Wachya name: Derryn

Wachya ride: M600 '98

Where from: Port Stephens (Newcastle)

Wachya do?: work - Avionics Eng. (that's elec. eng. for things that have flaping wings). Play - Umm all sorts of stuff. I'd like to ride if someone would hurry up with my brake lines!

Wachya think? I think Leanne is definately right, we need more chicks riding Monsters!

#17 ·

O.K. I better put in my shi ..... er stuff seeing that I started this thread

whatsmi name: Michael (Mmick)

whatsi ride: 1997 900 Monster (yellow), just clicked over 60,000 kays

wherei from: Appin (thats Appin not Epping) which is near Campbelltown in NSW

what i do: Part time for Coles Myer and truck driving at other times also, I'm a senior deputy captain in the Rural Fire Service (RFS) which I find very stimulating, I have a passion for motorbikes love my monster, bag the crap out of Harley riders and Harleys in general. Get a thrill out of pushing my bike (and myself) on a tight windy road (the tighter the better) like coffee, beer, money, bikes, fighting fires (whata rush) and people (mostly) oh! and I like mods that are one-offs and tasteful.

wadithink: I Just wish I could do these things better, computors, lathe work, woodwork, think? and tolerate screaming kids

Mmick

#18 ·

monstermick58 said:
No not me, but I think this ought to be a sticky? so that people could say hi so;
Wachya name: ROB

Wachya ride:A bent S2R 1000

Wachya do?  Electrician by trade/ Lift Mechanic working for one of the big 5 companies.

Where ya from? Wollongong NSW, Bike country, Hills, corners, hills, corners and more!

Wachya think? I think there is way too many Street signs, not enough corners and too many cars and trucks on the road! GET OFF MY ROAD!

#19 ·

monstermick58 said:
.... like coffee, beer, money, bikes, fighting fires (whata rush) and people (mostly) oh! and I like mods that are one-offs and tasteful.

wadithink: I Just wish I could do these things better, computors, lathe work, woodwork, think? and tolerate screaming kids

Mmick
Ha !! Caught you out ! Like coffee ??? All I hear is complaining about how coffee makes it way into every thread.....OK, I see your point ! [thumbsup]

Cafe anyone ?

#20 ·

G'day newbs; more newbs incoming from the mooouuuntains! Ozi livin`in switzerland (summertime ha ha)....got a new 620 and happy to hear about other ozi monsters...and also motorbike riders....more shortly TWO WHEELS GOOOD, FOUR WHEELS BAD

#21 ·

Mowster said:
G'day newbs; more newbs incoming from the mooouuuntains! Ozi livin`in switzerland (summertime ha ha)....got a new 620 and happy to hear about other ozi monsters...and also motorbike riders....more shortly TWO WHEELS GOOOD, FOUR WHEELS BAD
Bonjour, Ben Venuto, G'day,
You have some of the best roads in the world at your disposal. gte a copy of Ride magazine(British) for April or May....contains an article on the 'Cento Passi'. I would dearly love to do it, but maybe I can live vicariously through you !!

#22 ·

Cheers mostro; u will be pleased 2 hear the Duke scene is kikkin here n now; more people are getting "L" permits than u can point a pointy thing at. Matey sez the "cento passi" is good but overpriced (3000 euro`s)...but as the snow is melting off the high passes in the alps, it`s time to polish the helmet! FYI- my other bike is a cb125 ; known as the RUNT-RYYYDER. If anyone is coming over this way soon, there is a local posse that will look after youse maaaaate`s

#23 ·

Wachya name: Chris, but most of the DML refers to me as Syd or who??

Wachya ride: a 95 600M Monster.... which is in 1000 bits atm.

Wachya do? I do plenty, but i like to race karts for  ;D and ride bikes for ;D& 8). My job is a maintenance engineer for a company called Marriott (hotel chain).

Wachya think? I think too much if anything... but I feel my chick needs her own bike.

#25 ·

Mowster said:
"Maintenance Engineer" - that just means u have a selection of hammers...
;D ;D close but no, a 12" Stilsen and an ol flat head screwdriver. If the job is water related, its just silicone...

But I don't actually do much hands on stuff, im one of the 'point and delegate the obvious' desk jokies. - Chris

#26 ·

i spose the angle grinder with old shattered disc dont really count huh....my old boss used to say about water leaks ; "when nuffin else works,piss on it".....i had some limited success, too.
we should start a new thread on "dodgy repairs; could be a cracker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.