The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread - Page 72 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #711 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Welcome back Dez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #712 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 11:22 PM

Welcome aboard Dezzzzzzzz

Don't worry be happy
post #713 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:00 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonworldtoo View Post
I see a few familiar names from Oz here?
Gidday Aussies!
Welcome back Dragon

Don't worry be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #714 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:33 AM

Hi guys,

Am new to the site, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Micah; I am from Lake Illawarra, NSW, approximately 20 minutes South of Wollongong.

Have knocked around motorcycles in one form or another for as long as I can remember, my partner and I have a bike each, we enjoy riding through the mountains or travelling down the coast on a sunny weekend.

It will be good to network with likeminded enthusiasts and perhaps join in on a trip or two.

Regards,

Micah
post #715 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Hi Micah
What bikes are you and your partner riding?

You will be in luck as the bunch of us from Sydney and surrounds are planning a South coast ride some time in late January
Most likely through the RNP down through the hills of Wollongong and on to Mac pass and lunch in Kangaroo valley.
Keep watching our posts .
Dez
post #716 of 736 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 07:34 PM

Saying hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezmonster2106 View Post
Hi Micah
What bikes are you and your partner riding?

You will be in luck as the bunch of us from Sydney and surrounds are planning a South coast ride some time in late January
Most likely through the RNP down through the hills of Wollongong and on to Mac pass and lunch in Kangaroo valley.
Keep watching our posts .
Dez
Hi Dez,

Madamé rides a 1994 model M900. It's nothing terribly special but the gal just loves it. I can understand, it's a Ducati.

The route that you've mentioned is one of our favourite 'local' runs. We normally return to Wollongong via Berry

Micah
post #717 of 736 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 PM

Hey everyone,

I saw the thread and thought I might come an introduce myself to some fellow monster riders.
I'm Wayne from the West Coast in Perth and new to the site and thought it would be a nice idea to swap mod ideas and riding advice in general.

Still pretty young, only 21 with a fresh degree in Physics, and have a 2006 620 Monster which is my first bike and I fell in love with the freedom instantly to make it more of a lifestyle than a just Sunday rider.

I also seemed to pick up modding bug (kangaroo forced my hand) and just finishing off painting now, and added some pod filters, bar end mirrors, red aluminum grips, red aluminum handlebar, tail chop and LED Indicators.
Also I decided to core the exhaust and worked on neat solution for it. Basically turning the stock exhaust into a titanium performance exhaust for about $200 and some time (which is nearly done, just have to weld her up).
I was thinking about posting a very detailed how-to when it's all done. Would this be something the community would be interested in?

I found that when looking at coring the exhaust out I just had no idea what the inside would look like and if I had that prior knowledge before hand, it would be so much easier to do.
Because I'll go into every single cut, bang and weld with info on why and how (with pictures)

Anyway bit of long intro, Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,
Wayne
post #718 of 736 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 05:41 AM

Welcome Wayne.

No doubt there would be interest in any work you have done on your bike ... although the exhaust is typically the first thing people modify (swap out) - I do know somebody that still has the stock exhaust on their bike.
post #719 of 736 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 07:04 AM

Hi Betty,

I would think as much probably being the easiest thing you can do is replace the slip-on muffers for an instant increase in power and giving a duke her voice back.
But I'll put up a thread about coring the stock into a performance exhaust anyway. That way if anyone feels game and never wanted to shell out for an aftermarket exhaust, they can get a termi-sound and performance without the price tag.

I'll definitely make a thread once she is back on the road with all the before and afters of the other mods and fixes as well.

Cheers for the warm welcome.
post #720 of 736 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 PM

Also the modified exhaust option looks stock ... which will be rather attractive to quite a few people.

The 'roos haven't dampened your enthusiasm which is good ... maybe you can include a commentary when you start your new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode