The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread - Page 50 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #491 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 PM

Re: The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super T.I.B
Well, that's great, I bring up bikeme on teh interwebs at work, click on forums and the work computer blocks it saying it has profanity on the site.

Must be a great site!
Yeah, it's somewhat more, ummm, maybe "working class" is the right term...

If you've ever read any of Boris' columns in AMCN, you'll get an idea of how the site owner thinks (and writes).

It's kinda cool though

big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #492 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Wachya name: Julie (Jukie is my baby boy)

Wachya ride: 2002 620ie

Wachya do? A little bit of lots - I have a short attention span

Wachya think? After meeting some of you guys last week I thought I'd better register . Also heard you wanted more girls around here

And for those not in the know Betty & Jukie share a bed/garage.

Don't worry be happy
post #493 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 04:12 AM

Wachya name: Brendan

Wachya ride: I thought I'd put my little toe in the water of Ducatista, so I pick up my S4R Friday. Previous bikes - Z1000, CBR1000F, TRX850, TT250

Wachya do? Computer guy

Wachya think? Can I commute, tour and scratch on an S4R, well why not

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for the forum. I read alot of good info here when I was trying to decide between Speed Triple/S2R/S4R. Also got some info from a member here who also is seeing the Kawasaki Naked forum on the side Anyway, after I test rode them all, the choice was pretty simple. Hope to see some other Melbourne members on the road.

I have already ordered the Termi shortie exhaust as my first bit of bling. .....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #494 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Ita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosVerde
Wachya name: Brendan

Wachya ride: I thought I'd put my little toe in the water of Ducatista, so I pick up my S4R Friday. Previous bikes - Z1000, CBR1000F, TRX850, TT250

Wachya do? Computer guy

Wachya think? Can I commute, tour and scratch on an S4R, well why not

Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for the forum. I read alot of good info here when I was trying to decide between Speed Triple/S2R/S4R. Also got some info from a member here who also is seeing the Kawasaki Naked forum on the side Anyway, after I test rode them all, the choice was pretty simple. Hope to see some other Melbourne members on the road.

I have already ordered the Termi shortie exhaust as my first bit of bling. .....
Welcome VG....

Must organise a coffee and a tyre kick!!!

Bet you can't wait till tomorrow to pick her up!!! Remember the pics for the Kawa boys!!!

Ita

Into the distance a ribbon of black. Stretched out to the point of no turning back
post #495 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
BMR

Hello everyone...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi, introduce myself, etc... I'm Brad, and I live in Northern KY. I'm a full time student a the University of Louisville. I am a proud (new) owner of an 06 S2R1K. I just picked her up last Sat with only 607 miles on 'er.

Previous bike was a 2001 sv650s. Outstanding little bike! I did everything on her, commute, tour, track, (mild) off road once, twisties, etc... I loved wrenching on that bike... I miss it.

Long story short, one day while riding home from school a 70 year old lady in a Camry hit me. I was in full gear and had no external injuries, but did sustain pretty serious internal lacerations as well as an aneurysm in my kidney. Thankfully I'm almost 100% now, and thankfully she had insurance.

I'll be cruising around here soaking up all the info I can. This bike is a whole new animal to me, so excuse the newbie questions I'll inevitably ask!
post #496 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ita
...Must organise a coffee and a tyre kick!!!
Thanks Ita, yeah a catch up for a coffee would be good, I can absorb some S4r knowledge Next Saturday might be a go unless you're heading down to the Superbikes, I'm planning on riding down to Phillip Island on the Sunday.
post #497 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 07:10 PM

Well just did a deal on a S2r 2006, black with red stripe, immaculate nick. ( I don't think it's that mid forties midlife crisis thing but if it is who gives a toss?)
A bit about me, moved to brisvegas from qld central coast about 18 months ago, sparky by trade, one bro who's also a ducatisti, ( early 750 sport and a pantah).
Love a beer and a good feed, soon to be married, live inner southside just itchin to get that early morning sunday ride feeling back again, I'm no scratcher (don't want to be ) just a leisurely ride and bs session with mates'll do me.
Thanks to all who gave advice through this forum,

post #498 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 PM

Gday
Names: Leo
Ride: 2008 S4Rs red with most the friut
Do: Electrical Contracting
Think: Havent decided as yet...........!!

post #499 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 04:32 AM

Welcome Punta . And where do you reside in this big country?
post #500 of 736 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:02 PM

Hi all: Just taken out Ti membership in appreciation of all the great information and advice received from the DML as a freeloader.
Name: enceetee
Occuption: project manager
Ride: 07 S2R1K. Red/white. Moto-One headers and cat eliminator, Staintune mufflers, Dobeck piggyback ecu, 02 sensor in drawer, stock airbox, LED tail light and No plate light, rear reflector in drawer after numerous contacts with rear tire, raised No plate and rego label.
Think: Bike time is quality time.
Dyno charts for my bike (for anyone interested on the impact of the mods) can be found on Brad Black's Moto-One performance website.
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/str1000%20.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode