The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread - Page 3 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #21 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 AM

Re: ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowster
G'day newbs; more newbs incoming from the mooouuuntains! Ozi livin`in switzerland (summertime ha ha)....got a new 620 and happy to hear about other ozi monsters...and also motorbike riders....more shortly TWO WHEELS GOOOD, FOUR WHEELS BAD
Bonjour, Ben Venuto, G'day,
You have some of the best roads in the world at your disposal. gte a copy of Ride magazine(British) for April or May....contains an article on the 'Cento Passi'. I would dearly love to do it, but maybe I can live vicariously through you !!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I&#039;m not sure about the former. <br />Albert Einstein <br /><br /><br />
[size=8pt]&nbsp; Click here to visit OZ MONSTERS - the Aussie DML hangout!&nbsp;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 AM

Cheers mostro; u will be pleased 2 hear the Duke scene is kikkin here n now; more people are getting "L" permits than u can point a pointy thing at. Matey sez the "cento passi" is good but overpriced (3000 euro`s)...but as the snow is melting off the high passes in the alps, it`s time to polish the helmet! FYI- my other bike is a cb125 ; known as the RUNT-RYYYDER. If anyone is coming over this way soon, there is a local posse that will look after youse maaaaate`s
post #23 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Wachya name: Chris, but most of the DML refers to me as Syd or who??

Wachya ride: a 95 600M Monster.... which is in 1000 bits atm.

Wachya do? I do plenty, but i like to race karts for* and ride bikes for & . My job is a maintenance engineer for a company called Marriott (hotel chain).

Wachya think? I think too much if anything... but I feel my chick needs her own bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 AM

"Maintenance Engineer" - that just means u have a selection of hammers...
post #25 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowster
"Maintenance Engineer" - that just means u have a selection of hammers...
close but no, a 12" Stilsen and an ol flat head screwdriver. If the job is water related, its just silicone...

But I don't actually do much hands on stuff, im one of the 'point and delegate the obvious' desk jokies. - Chris
post #26 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 AM

i spose the angle grinder with old shattered disc dont really count huh....my old boss used to say about water leaks ; "when nuffin else works,piss on it".....i had some limited success, too.
we should start a new thread on "dodgy repairs; could be a cracker!
post #27 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 AM

Here is me!

Name: Bek

Ride: '03 Monster 620ie - was yellow, now pink n silver (her name is Giovanna, or GG (for short))

Do: Working hours = Sales Admin for Campbell's Soup; training for City 2 Surf; visit Frasers to work out what i'll buy next for me or the bike
Do: Outside Working Hours = build businesses, crochet rugs, designing my next tatt, sleep, drink.......

Think: Hmmm.......why watch the news n get stressed when you can watch The Simpsons!! (my activist parents are coming home from the Ukraine next week for a visit so I'm getting ramped up for their return)...........no-one will ever pay you what you are willing to pay yourself..........pink is my favourite colour (what a surprise).............. hmmmm...Family Guy is on...brain is fading....capacity to think independently is gone.......
post #28 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekkstar
Here is me!

Name: Bek

Ride: '03 Monster 620ie - was yellow, now pink n silver (her name is Giovanna, or GG (for short))

Do: Working hours = Sales Admin
Thats what mt Gf does.... is it (sales) as caty as my gf says it is? - Chris
post #29 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd-Monster
Thats what mt Gf does.... is it (sales) as caty as my gf says it is? - Chris
Does your GF work mostly with guys or girls?

I support a team of boys/men so it's not too catty - they're more openly competitive than being nasty n bitchy (boys are much better to work with than chicks). Apart from the stress, sales is a good place.....bonuses.....freebies.....'work conferences'.......
post #30 of 739 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 PM

Now that is a sticky I better fill it in*

Name:* Paul

Bike: Black S4RS

Were: Sydney, St Ives

Do: Production Manager, MONGREL BOOTS. Safety footwear that is still made in Australia

Think: I try not to do too much of this it hurts, so I numb the pain a few coldies Think we should have a Bi-annual hooligan track days

<br /><br />[center][font=Verdana][size=8pt]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode