The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread - Page 24 - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

post #231 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:48 AM

Re: The" ALL NEWBIES SAY G'DAY HERE" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1000-DS
Slow going when every question takes a week to respond to.

I can relate to that!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

Who: Trevor (Big T)

Wachya ride: 07 S4R (love that bike)

Wachya do: Work in the application software industry (Local Government only). Nope, not a geek..... We employ others to be geeks....

Live where: Sydney (Greenwich)

Wachya think: Back on a bike after to many years in the wilderness... Did I tell you I love the S4R.... Just starting on the down hill slide of "bling"....

"Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go" TS Eliot......
post #233 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 08:30 PM

welcome aboard Big T

being a Sydney-sider, you'll have to join the gang at Meccas some time. its the un-official DML hangout and the coffee is unreal!

ps. Nick, if you read this can you say hi to Alex at Mecca for me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Welcome to the addiction Big T

The north side members are growing

Hope to get together for a ride soon

Paul

<br /><br />[center][font=Verdana][size=8pt]
post #235 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 11:00 PM

Trevor, welcome on board. I'm not too far from you (Artarmon). You've got a few decent roads near you in Greenwich (river road in particular). Congratulations on your choice of bike. I too am being drawn into blinging up my monster with an open clutch cover and red clutch pressure plate :-)

I do feel for Jason, I am an ex-perthite myself, and you do have to travel quite a way to find some decent roads. But the boyanup-nannup road is pretty difficult to beat :-)

Would be good to catch up for a ride sometime.

best regards,

Dave young
post #236 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM

Morning Richie, morning all!

Oh yeah, wrong site.

Who: Richard, most call me Choppa IRL, ellingly cause of an old house I used to live in.
What I ride: '06 S2R1k --> http://www.wenga.net/gallery2/g2data...SC_1413_xp.jpg
What I do: Geophysicist for the Government, yes for public service, yay for earning half as much as my peers . Gets me out and about tho - at the moment I spend a fair bit of time in WA.
Live where: Canberra, northside, work right down in the south of Canberra, so I get a good honest commute on the Monster.

First foray into Ducatis, although I've owned a few oddity European cars over the years - currently only have one, an immaculate, original Fiat 124 coupe. That's back in Tassie, where I'm originally from. Ridden lots of stuff, learnt on trailies, migrated to oldschool roadbikes, and migrated from there to a few jap sportsbikes. Saw the light, got sick of commuting on them, so here I am. Lovely bike!
post #237 of 739 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Wachya name: Nathan (SuttonN)

Wachya ride: Just bought a 94' Ducati Monster 900 from Whatto (Seen here ... https://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...?topic=69657.0)

Wachya do? IT Consultant in Canberra

Wachya think? Haven't riden for 10 years after having an accident and breaking my leg. Broke the first rule of riding, Never ride when tired. Lost it in a corner, mounted gutter and hit a tree all at reletaively low speed. Finally getting back to it after 10 years of pleading with my wife. After all of this time I am putting myself back as a noobie and am looking to get as much riding experience as possible.
post #238 of 739 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 AM

Hi Richard and Nathan,

Good to see some more Canberra riders on The List.

I'm based in Palmerston on the North side. Be good to get out for a ride sometime. Cotter rd. or out to Braidwood?

Are either of you guys in the Canberra Ducati club?

Cheers, Dean
('03 M1000Si.e.)
post #239 of 739 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1000-DS
Hi Richard and Nathan,

Good to see some more Canberra riders on The List.

I'm based in Palmerston on the North side. Be good to get out for a ride sometime. Cotter rd. or out to Braidwood?

Are either of you guys in the Canberra Ducati club?

Cheers, Dean
('03 M1000Si.e.)
Can't say I am a member of the CDDC, although I had considered signing up. I'm not here enough .

As for rides, I tend to do a loop over Cotter Hill every once in a while, since it's kinda on the way for my commute at the moment, as I attempt to avoid the Glenloch Interchange.
A la this:
[img width=600 height=250]http://www.wenga.net/ellingly/cotter_hill/cotter_hill_800p.jpg[/img]
(Click for embiggening)
I prefer that to doing a Cotter loop, but anyway. Personal preference.
post #240 of 739 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 06:31 AM

Yeah, that's a nice short ride. I'll be in it, followed by a few coldies at the Statesman Hotel or some other celubrious establishment.

Have you been out to Araluen, just past Braidwood? Its a couple of hours there, lunch at the pub, small one horse town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode