*** Please introduce yourself *** - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum
View Poll Results: Do "Nice-Guys" *really* finish last?
I'm a guy; Yes they do. 148 49.33%
I'm a guy; No they don't. 119 39.67%
I'm a gal; Yes they do. 5 1.67%
I'm a gal; No they don't. 23 7.67%
O.M.G.O. 5 1.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

post #1 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

*** Please introduce yourself ***

I was noticing that we are up to 189 members as of a few minutes ago and that a large percentage of you have never made a post. I sometimes get tired of reading from the same ten blabbermouths all the time (and I know I'm one of them ).

How about introducing yourselves and maybe letting us know what you would like to gain from reading the DML Monster Boards?

I would suggest the following information:

1. Name (optional)
2. Type of Monster you own (or want to own)
3. Where you live
4. What you hope to gain from reading this board
5. Anything else you have to say

Okay, me first:
If you haven't figured it out already, I'm Scott Nelson. I own a red 1997 M900 that I've owned since new (September of 1997) and is still my favorite bike of all time. I live in Pleasanton, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm always trying to learn more about my bike and hope to share my knowledge with others when I can.

I look forward to learning who the rest of you are.

========== Edit ==========
[The moderator likes this idea and has stuck it permanently at the top, so if you haven't "signed in" yet, please post a note on this thread. We should eventually have about 200 posts here. Hopefully all new posters, no discussions.]
========== Edit 2 ==========
Please don't reply to any posts in this group. If you want to welcome someone or discuss anything, please send them a PM instead.
========== Edit 3 ==========
The Monster was wrecked on October 4 of 2003. It was replaced with an ST2, complete with hard bags. In September of 2004 an 888 SPO was added to the garage. There might be another Monster someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 08:14 AM
TedR

Re: If you have zero posts, please introduce yours

Ok, I guess I am one of the people you are talking about. I found this board a few months ago and I just registered. I am Ted Reese, I own a yellow 1999 750 Monster, and I live in Sherwood, OR, just outside of Portland Oregon.

I do most of my riding alone on the back roads and for commuting to work during the summer months. Unfortunately it rains too much around here through the winter for me to ride year round. :-/
post #3 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 08:56 AM

Hi
I'm Dave Comeau. 52 YO. I live north of Boston Mass. I'm mainly a gearhead and not much of a iron butt rider. Even though I did attend penguin school at NHIS, most of my track experience is as mechanic/crewchief for others vintage racing efforts.
At 19 years old, my first bike was a norton commando. I now have several nortons (commando and atlas) and BSA's(A-10) and 3 Duc (MS4 and 2-907ie). The only triumph (T100R) I have will be sold once it's together and running.
I own and run a hydraulic brake dyno (100hp max) for doing my own research projects.
These days I'm researching the ECU's and the software on the eproms in addition to stuffing the 916 into one of my 907ie.

my website with mostly british stuff
http://www.gis.net/~dynodave

post #4 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 01:20 PM

Maybe this would be a good idea for everybody. Although I've made a few posts, my name is Larry Cadwell. I'm 45, live in the Denver area, and have been riding since 1979. I got by fine on Jap beaters for years until I saw an ad for the 2000 900 Monster Dark. I obsessed about it for a month, went to look at them, and rode one home. My first new vehicle ever. It is still my obsession, and after almost 3 years love it more than ever. I ride year round (unless there's snow on the ground), and whenever people ask if I'm cold, I reply, "No, it just takes longer to get dressed".

Y2K 900 Dark, Ft. Lupton, CO
Nichols flywheel, 14/41, Stratipipes w/open airbox K&N, Tailchop
post #5 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:10 AM
Premium Member

Hi, I'm Jeffrey and I'm a bike-o-holic... Actually I go by Fillmore as to not get confused with the other Jeffs.

I have a highly modified `00 M750D and a mostly stock `93 888 SPO. Sharing the garage are my `72 BMW R75/5, 3 KTM dirt bikes, and a `68 Norton Commando that I swear I'll put back together sometime this year (Hi dynodave). Also in there are my girlfriend Laura's (whom I met through the DML on our way to DRA 2001) `00 M900S, `75 R60/6, and KX100.

I'm from Las Vegas, NV and am currently living in Santa Fe, NM due to my job.

I used to be one of those blabbermouths that Scott referred to, but I'm pretty busy with work and other stuff these days.

--Fillmore

"I don't hate people... I just feel better when they're not around." -- Charles Bukowski
post #6 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:28 AM

my name is Jason, I bought a 00 M900 dark in 2001 when I was living in Tucson, AZ. It is all stock due to the fact that i'm too broke to afford any modifications. I'm living in champaign IL right now (sucks). I'm trying to get a job back in AZ so hopefully I'll be back to cruisin in the desert soon
post #7 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Site Sponsors

Hi, My name is Jeff H. (sometimes people call me 'Higgie' too to keep me separate from all the other Jeffs)
Im in Fresno, Ca.
I started a local club of people I met on the DML called the Central California Monster Hooligan Association (i made it up spur of the moment, and the name just stuck)
I also started running the DML awhile back when the opportunity came up.
Oh, and I dont have a Monster.
This is a great source of amusement for all my Monster riding buddies.

Bikes:
93 Ducati 900SS (mine)
97 Ducati M750 (wife's...and it's bad-ass)
2-Suzuki DR650's
post #8 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 04:18 PM

My name is Mic and I'm pretty much new to the monster. I've had mine for about a year and LOVE IT. I'm in the Air Force and currently stationed in Hawaii...I just got married and have daily debates with my inner self over spending money on the Ducati or on my new wife....
post #9 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 05:34 PM

Hi - I'm Michael Moore (Michael not Mike unless you're some dude trying to sell me something.) I live in Mill Valley CA, a little burg just north of San Francisco and a bad place for speed traps as discussed elsewhere. However once outside the town some of the best motorcycling on the planet is just up the road in west Marin county.

I bought my Y2K M900 secondhand from a young guy who, I think, just couldn't face the cost of the 6K service. I probably paid too much for it, but once having ridden it I just had to have it. I think you know how that goes. Prior to this bike I had a BMW R90/6 for about a million years but riding had dropped way off after about '94 so I sold it in '96. Getting on the monster was, needless to say, a huge change.

All my friends think I'm nuts as I'm 49 and still roaring around on a bike. Yeah, I have a wife and kid, but that doesn't mean I'm dead yet! Actually my wife is great about the whole obsession, so what more could I ask for?

As for the board, I'm just looking for tech tips, info on local rides, and anything that will make the bike or my riding better. I also help Higgie out from time to time with the HTML stuff as needed.
-Michael

No longer hanging out here, sorry.
post #10 of 85634 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:45 PM

Hey all!

My name is Randy. I own a red '01 S4 that I picked up new in August of '02. This is my first bike (I took an MSF course prior to thinking about getting a bike) and I love it!!!!!!

I currently live in Las Vegas, NV.

Looking for tips on mods, rides, activities, etc.

That's it for now - R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode